Drought Disaster Zones

gotlost

13 provinces declared drought disaster zones

Thirteen provinces have been declared drought disaster zones, a senior government official said Wednesday.

Wibul Sa-nguanpong, the director-general of the Civil Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, said the drought had affected 6,730 villages in 99 districts of 13 provinces.

The provinces are Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Phayao, Udon Thani, Loei, Nong Khai, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Saraburi, Chachoengsao, Trat and Chanthaburi.

The Nation

How do they do it?

On the 12th Febuary Thai Visa posted a clipping fron I presume 'The Nation' headlines saying

" Drought situation in Thailand this year is less severe"

The article goes on about the current dam water capacities and how one dam is only 19% full.

Nearly every year they ( The irrigation Dept.) cock it all up.

Last year when the floods were at their height. one twit from the Dept. said on TV that a good result of flooding, was the new top soil the farmers were getting!!!

.BAYBOY

Here in my farm house, i'm listening to a few frogs and lot of toads croaking...rain's coming maybe ? :rolleyes:

Wish it would rain for a few days like in Dec last year.

Can't sleep RBH ? probably that Evil smelling Catfish Food B)

As far as the drought is concerned it seems rather lush and green up here for the time of year, and the local reservoir is full. Lots of people growing a second crop of rice.

Its gonna be raining 'Low Kow' in six weeks, doesn't seem bad to me at all

Maybe the Disaster Kicks in automatically on a given date .

Our rain started last week. (Khao Yai) 2 weeks early from it's usual end Feb start. Not sure how they can call a drought disaster in the middle of the dry season. (most of Issan) Maybe angling for funds. :whistling:

A National irrigation policy is what is needed. :ermm: Ah well, hope springs eternal, etc.....

Regards.