True Offering 6 Months Free Wifi To Its Dsl Customers

jfchandler

True appears to be offering 6 months of free, mostly unlimited 2 Mb Wifi service to its existing DSL customers, if they register for it on a True web site...

The web site and further info is located here:

http://services.trueinternet.co.th/freewifi6months/en/index.php

The web site language kind of makes it seem like its a promotion for new subscribers... But I'm an existing (not new) subscriber, and I registered today, and received my Wifi user ID and password via email within 5 minutes. There's no limit on the number of hours per month the Wifi service can be used, according to the promotion.

However, there are a bunch of conditions at the bottom of the web page, including one saying that Wifi users will automatically be signed out after any 90 minute period of continuous usage.

Is there some change recently?

I always used True Wifi for free with my ADSL account.

I think it varied depending on when a person signed up and/or renewed their DSL service... I've seen some level of free Wifi offered with DSL packages, including my own, in the past. But at other times, True seems to have offered a router or some other perk, and not offered Wifi... And when I had Wifi as part of my DSL plan, as best as I recall, it had a limited number of hours per month...

I have some access to these WiFi hotspots - I think 1 hour a day courtesy of TrueMove subscription. I tried them a few times in the beginning, and they were totally useless - the WiFi didn't work, or it was so slow as to be useless.

Has this improved now? Anyone have positive experiences?

I have some access to these WiFi hotspots - I think 1 hour a day courtesy of TrueMove subscription. I tried them a few times in the beginning, and they were totally useless - the WiFi didn't work, or it was so slow as to be useless.

Has this improved now? Anyone have positive experiences?

Depends, this is Thailand ;-)

Sometimes True Wifi works quite well and fast, at other hotspots you cannot even connect. Sometimes you need several tries until it starts moving.