Tot 6Mb Service

dingdongrb

Just wondering if anyone else living around the Banwangtan moo ban has had any problems this past day or so with their TOT 6Mb service.... My service seemed to completely shut down yesterday evening and just started coming back to life a short while ago. For that 24hr period there were times that it was running but at a snail's pace where most of the time it was just dead. I tried to call TOT numerous times, was in the wait queue, but after waiting 5 plus minutes I always got disconnected. Sitting outside today I noticed the TOT driving up and down the soi.

Seems like every since I upgraded from 2Mb service to 6Mb during that (this) promotional run I have had nothing but problems withe the service (2Mb service seemed to be 'rock solid' for me...) My wife who is at our place in Surin recently had TOT install ADSL there and when doing so the girl who started up the service contract told my wife to take the 4Mb service instead of 6Mb as the 6 Mb is having problems (at least in Surin).

So I am wondering, if you have TOT 6Mb service and live in Banwangtan (or CM) how's your service been?

I have been having outage problems with TOT at Huey Leuk, near Sattahip. These problems have been occuring for some time,the last time, yesterday, the system was down for about 10 hours. I keep having to reset my TOT modem, just to check if the internet is alive. We phoned a friend, who works for TOT , he said everything ok, here, line wise, problems in Bangkok. Basically it seems the problem is that the TOT management  is NOT accountable for it's service, otherwise there would be a considerable number of unemployed Thai managers. Still this is LOS(cams), so us second class citizens just have to sit back and wait for the first class "brain?" to engage.<br>'<br>I am looking for an alternative to TOT, can I use their land line and another ISP, without subscribing to TOT ADSL? I did use an alternative ISP previously, as well as TOT, but this was expensive, so I discontinued the service. I "rely " on TOT alone now.<br><br>Any advise to a grumpy old man would be appreciated.<br><br>John<br>

I live in Thawangtan soi and had no internet nor phone since thursday evening (17-02). The alarm nr of TOT was not online too but my wife called the office friday and been told, because of the festival days there were no technicians available.monday they will come over. Until 11.30 today no sign of TOT and my wife called again. Then suddenly around 13.30 there was internet and phone again. Another funny thing is, I was at the office yesterday and the girl turned our number and had a signal and said that there is connection. I told her the line is dead but we had to wait until monday anyway. So there was something somewhere somehow not as it should be. Just bad luck there was the festivity.

To cmfun, the last 3-4 months there were no problems and I had a stable connection quite fast, just as it seems now again.

Edited by Joop50

signed up to TOT and the 6mg service (so far) has been super fast including international sites

ChaingMaiFun, are you near Big C, Hang Dong Road by any chance? About had it with 3bb and if TOT 6mb at 590 baht is as good or better than the 1167 baht I am currently paying would make sense to switch over.

signed up to TOT and the 6mg service (so far) has been super fast including international sites

ChaingMaiFun, are you near Big C, Hang Dong Road by any chance? About had it with 3bb and if TOT 6mb at 590 baht is as good or better than the 1167 baht I am currently paying would make sense to switch over.

Just wanted to report back - after using TOT for 2 weeks it's been outstanding - I was ready to go and upgrade because they made a mistake and put me on the 6mg plan (590 baht) and I wanted the 12mg.

I have now cancelled any plans to upgrade as it's so fast! (maybe I am tempting fate here) - but it really has been very good so far! I was quite shocked (hard for a cynic like me) cool.gif

so far so good and yes I live in ban wang tan near Big C hang Dong

Huh.. For me it's been terrible. Terrible service also.

Will bin it soon and try something else.

wow! what a different experience - service was very, very good for me: went to the shop near airport plaza - next day engineer comes out and fixes me up - had a problem with router and a customer service girl on the phone talked me through configuring it and it works perfectly - and then another TOT engineer turns up to help me too! so within 24 hours I'd gone from nothing to surfing away - I was amazed! maybe i was lucky or it was my charm? blink.gif

Winnie, whereabouts do you live? It's a tough decision to decide whether or not to switch from 3bb. Sometimes is goes weeks (ok maybe days) without any problems and then you get a run of days where the service stinks. What I'm afraid of is if I switch to TOT and it turns out to be no better or worse than 3bb. Actually at just 590 baht for their 6MB maybe I could just keep both services having one for a backup or would there be a problem doing that other than the cost?

Winnie, whereabouts do you live? It's a tough decision to decide whether or not to switch from 3bb. Sometimes is goes weeks (ok maybe days) without any problems and then you get a run of days where the service stinks. What I'm afraid of is if I switch to TOT and it turns out to be no better or worse than 3bb. Actually at just 590 baht for their 6MB maybe I could just keep both services having one for a backup or would there be a problem doing that other than the cost?

South of town, Hang Dong. Don't think you can use two ADSL providers on the same phone line.. I do have two phone lines though so I'm more easily able to experiment. It seems it fluctuates a lot in terms of which provider provides the best connection.

We have good experience with the service from TOT. They changed the modem 2 times, no costs. Because we kept some problems, the technician advised us to replace the phone cable from the street to the house. So we did, and after that we have no problems anymore except the one time I mentioned here above. The phone line from the street to the house is private and many houses still have old cables. The new cable is a from a better quality, newest standards. I paid for 45 meter 1800 bath incl. but I have now internet without interruptions.

South of town, Hang Dong. Don't think you can use two ADSL providers on the same phone line.. I do have two phone lines though so I'm more easily able to experiment. It seems it fluctuates a lot in terms of which provider provides the best connection.

I've got two separate land lines in the house plus a separate line was recently installed by 3bb so I should have no problems going with two different providers. If the TOT 6mb is 590 baht a month what I might do is switch to the 3bb 590 baht program from the premier program I now have at 1167 baht.. That would give me two internet options for about the same price as I am paying now. If one server is having problems then maybe I will have better luck on the other one. Worth giving it a try I guess if I keep having on and off problems with 3bb.

With many schools out all the internet shops are jammed with teens playing on line games, skype or other voice over internet systems.....having more bandwidth then is needed for the slowest times or season, or upgrading the servers and infrastructure seems counter to the local adage..."If it ain't completely broke don't completely fix it'.....maybe we could all pitch in and run a fiber optic line to Singapore :whistling: