Miguels Done By The Bib Last Night

bridge

My statement and link only refer to Thailand's police force.

Certainly not by the UN. Your link is an article by Awzar Thi.

As the UN statement neglects to mention any police force, nor any country even.

Amazing what some people dream up eh.

The only piece in your link quoting the UN is:

"with the aim of committing one or more serious crimes or offences… in order to obtain… a financial or other material benefit."

Wow.

Now please show where the UN state that they 'regard the Thai police force as a gang of organized criminals'.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. It's one day. Really people can't drink for one day, that some bars try to stay open? Or is it that they assume they will get away with it.

Selective or not, why take the risk is the point? If they were close, another bar would have got done. Simple.

Even trying to sneak through 'back doors', why? It's one frikin day.

it is certainly not 'just one day'. you obviously don't live in Chiang Mai. It happens a number of days a year on Buddhist holdays and Royal Birthdays and this year being an election year we stand to lose two whole weekends business. Let's hope Mr. Suthep is correct in stating that the election will be in June - the depths of the low season. No-one tells our landlady that we don't have to pay rent for the days we don't earn any money. no-one tells the electric company not to charge us for the electricity that runs our freezers which have to be left on even if we close. And most particularly what about our staff? Are we supposed to tell them to go and get their lost wages back from the government? Fat chance! Or do you propose that we pay them even if we don't earn any money? It's not about customers doing without drink for 'just one day' (Although if you're on a 2 week holiday you're likely to be pretty miffed at having to stay in your hotel room for the evening.) It's about small businesses struggling already under the weight of the strong baht and political turmoil, trying to make ends meet.

You should rethink your comment!

:passifier:

My statement and link only refer to Thailand's police force.

Certainly not by the UN. Your link is an article by Awzar Thi.

As the UN statement neglects to mention any police force, nor any country even.

Amazing what some people dream up eh.

The only piece in your link quoting the UN is:

"with the aim of committing one or more serious crimes or offences… in order to obtain… a financial or other material benefit."

Wow.

Now please show where the UN state that they 'regard the Thai police force as a gang of organized criminals'.

In one thread you have misquoted me once and called me names thrice. You are a bore and a troll. Bother someone else.

The UN is a gang of organized criminals :D

No doubt :) --- but I have seen this claim of the UN making a proclamation about the RTP specifically many times and yet have never seen where the UN has made any such statement.

In one thread you have misquoted me once and called me names thrice.

This is certainly news to me.

You are a bore and a troll. Bother someone else.

I'm simply asking you to back up your statement.

You can't, because it's nonsense. So now you call me names as opposed to admitting fault.

Classy.

but I have seen this claim of the UN making a proclamation about the RTP specifically many times and yet have never seen where the UN has made any such statement.

Some guy dreams up and authors nonsense, targets a demographic of people who hate and hold great resentment towards his dreamt-up target, gives it a big flashy headline they all want to believe, even though it's complete fabrication (seen by actually reading the piece), posts it on the net, and low and behold it's suddenly fact among barstools and internet fori throughout the land.

It's a great overall tale of how easily people will believe when they want/need to, in fairness.

This is a bit on-topic (remember the topic--"Miguels Done By The Bib Last Night"?) but I went by Miguel's last night and talked to both managers. There were no arrests, fines, beatings or under-the-table stuff, the manageress was warned and let go. She didn't appear at all traumatized, I think she's been doing business here long enough to know how to deal with these situations. So you'll all be happy to know that everybody's fine.

BTW, I don't know how the UN entered the discussion, but I don't think they had anything to do with the police visit.

That's all, you can go back to whatever it was you were doing.