Problems With 3Bb

Thaihog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone for TOT after all the problems everyone says about 3BB - I was in the 3BB shop ready to sign up and a Thai lady was cancelling and advised me never to go with 3BB - so I have signed up to TOT instead - fingers crossed!

I have started a separate thread about TOT.

edit: spl

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

Curiously though, it didn't seem to effect torrents for me. I ran a test when this problem was happening by downloading a 380 MB torrent file and it averaged 4-5 Mbps and completed quickly.

The ' as long as i'm ok' types of the world who think downloading from file sharing sites all day and night is clever should consider their fellow internet network users in the area.

I assume you are speaking in general and not targeting me specifically. ;) Because actually, I don't use my home broadband connection to download torrents. I did it one time for benchmarking purposes and to have a frame of reference for members who complain about their download speeds.

I use my university connection for any torrents that I may do. Even then, I cap (limit) my speeds and require others at the facility to do the same. Just proper courtesy to do so.

I'm targeting anybody who leaves Bit Torrent running constantly. Can u imagine how much faster the internet would be if there wasn't as much crap being up and downloaded at any one time, all of it killing the entertainment economy. I wonder where we'll be in 50 years. How can future quality entertainment be developed when there is only profit in the product for 5 mins. We all do it from time to time but we have to pay where we can.

I had been having many problems as well (in Chiang Rai) so last week I uninstalled chrome thinking it was the browser but this week I was having the same problem with Firefox - amazon.com wouldn't load. So after calling 1530 and politely asking for a manager I finally got a call from a fairly knowledgeable technician who explained that 3BB just got a lot of new IP addresses and some of them are getting blocked by various sites.

He recommended resetting the router and after doing so I haven't had any problems. So the temporary fix now appears to be unplugging your router and hoping that when restarting you don't manage to get an IP address that is blocked by one of the sites you try to visit. He anticipated the problem would get better with time but for now . . . endure or look for service elsewhere.

TTT Chiang Rai said they will be opening service in about 3 months so if I am still resetting my router on a regular basis, I will change.

Edited by lannachiangrai

Last day now service is back to crap - some sites open, some don't and others are too slooooow. I live in Hang Dong area near Big C and was thinking of trying TOT which is also my phone service. Anyone nearby switch from 3bb to TOT lately or would that be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire?

Have already rebooted 5 times today and it's only 3 pm ... has been at least 10 times a day ...even with reboots though , today can't even post on Face Book ... it opens but that's it ,.. cannot post Grrrrrrr.....Been like this 3 1/2 weeks now .. TOT when I got it 4 years ago was ok, then after 2 years was like 3BB is now and that is when I changed... back to square one.. just keep on trucking... they seem to be all the seem ..good for sometime and then crap !

<br />Last day now service is back to crap - some sites open, some don't and others are too slooooow.  I live in Hang Dong area near Big C and was thinking of trying TOT which is also my phone service.  Anyone nearby switch from 3bb to TOT lately or would that be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

• 3 months later...

Hello

One more in the club

I have problems too frequent 3BB

I can barely stay connected more than 2 minutes and the connection is closed

I need like 5 minutes to reconnect. I called the customer service team 5 times in three weeks, his kind but ineffective response is always the same, "we review the problem sir"

Today after more than 20 disconnections I call again his excuse was that maybe there are many people connected

Obviously his connections do not support the number of customers they have, this is a clear overbooking. The problem is that they already have my money, and I can not enjoy the service that I paid.

3BB anymore

hello! maybe somebody can help me, I have problems with 3BB -> internet works on another computers and its dont work on my, its says Incorrect password - but password and login is correct, very strange thing.... I though before that problem in Windows 7.... but computer works in all another places! i called to support - they are said everything is ok, problems with your computer... great) If somebody can help - contact me please by email, thanks - //e-mail removed - use PM function to contact member//<br>

Edited by Tywais
e-mail removed as per forum rules

• 8 months later...

Are you sure this all about bandwidth ??? I am on 3BB and the last mile is fast enough 6Mbps usually, exactly as advertised. But the infrastructure is taking a lot.

All my traffic goes through a proxy server and that is in my opninion the bottleneck. I tried to bypass that by using free dns, but that was no solution. So I am stuck because there are, asfar as I know, no other providers in this area (Pratchuap LKhiri Khan). Kind regards, Leo.

The problem has disappeared for me now. Page loads for TV are very responsive and no more timeouts. Has been reported in the other topic(s) by members that it is behaving normal now.

Curiously though, it didn't seem to effect torrents for me. I ran a test when this problem was happening by downloading a 380 MB torrent file and it averaged 4-5 Mbps and completed quickly.

//edit - I just signed up for 3BB two weeks ago as my EDGE connection, which I've used for years, stopped working. Performance wise, I'm pleased with it - I can actually watch youtube without it stuttering now. biggrin.gif

The ' as long as i'm ok' types of the world who think downloading from file sharing sites all day and night is clever should consider their fellow internet network users in the area. It's been proven that this network isn't the fastest so the last thing it needs is people hogging the bandwidth by downloading Batman returns. Same people would have no qualms in wacking onto the hotel network their staying in for the night and sucking every last drop of bandwidth out of that too while other guests struggle to open hotmail.

These people are not on your side. Just my completely wrong opinion x x

Fortunate for us all then, that you're not running the show at any of the ISPs. Batman Returns would take about 15 minutes to download on a decent connection. But hey - let's not bother with facts, let's just blame the filthy downloaders...

live in the sansai noi area and have not had a problem with my 3BB connection for months...once or twice in the past year i had to reboot and/or re-enter my password to the router (usually after a power outage)...but other than that, i get what i pay for, which is 6mb.

I won't say that all my torrents are always maximizing their bandwidth, it so often depends on the tracker, seeders and the vagaries of the internet gods, but in general, my connection is solid.