Second Marriage Visa

I'm starting to prepare to apply for my second marriage visa in Thailand

Just wondered if I need to provide everything exactly as the first time , photos etc,also if a home visit is needed again

Probably optimistic to think they keep a record from last year

Cheers

What's the 'home visit' for a visa application?

When applying for an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai National Immigration need to check that you are actually living together as man and wife.

Sometimes thay do a home visit to check. Sometimes they talk to your neighbours. Sometimes you take a neighbour to Immigration when you apply. They are interviewed and sign a statement.

What's the 'home visit' for a visa application?

Immigration are supposed to check that you are actually living together and visit you in home - I think seldom happens but.............................

On renewal money has to have been in Thai bank for 3 months not 2 as on original extension :jap:

The time varies by office - the law says 2 months but appears it was a misprint and it should be the same as retirement at 3 months for anything but the first time.

Poster used the wrong term - as he stated he is doing this "in Thailand" it must be an extension of stay rather than a visa he is obtaining.

The time varies by office - the law says 2 months but appears it was a misprint and it should be the same as retirement at 3 months for anything but the first time.

Poster used the wrong term - as he stated he is doing this "in Thailand" it must be an extension of stay rather than a visa he is obtaining.

It is usually 2 months on new application and 3 months on each renewal (for both retirement & marriage extensions)

Visa and Extension of Stay - generally people mean - same same :jap:

Edited by terak69