Anyone Here Invested In K-Gold

http://www.kasikornasset.com/EN/Pages/K-GOLD_ChineseNewYear2011.aspx

I just saw this ad and was wondering if any people here have invested in this trust and if so how easy was it to invest and deal with them? Can you give them cash for your investment or do you need to trasfer funds from overseas etc

Can you access your gold fund from overseas when you leave thailand how does that work?

Thanks

You will get a better answer on "jobs, banking, investment etc " forum.

The Thai banks come out with so many different forms of savings accounts, I am in one with Bangkok bank with money locked for 14 months but it's doesn't come to much and I expect to be taxed @15% on any profit.:)

You will get a better answer on "jobs, banking, investment etc " forum.

The Thai banks come out with so many different forms of savings accounts, I am in one with Bangkok bank with money locked for 14 months but it's doesn't come to much and I expect to be taxed @15% on any profit.:)

Well put. Let's move this over to the investment forum. Best of luck!!!!! :)

Don't know about the K-Bank one. But absolutely no problem opening an account and investing in the equivalent one at TMB (http://www.tmbam.com/v2/en/mutualFundsDetail.php?id=143&catid=27&accept=1) They did ask for a work permit. I don't know if it is strictly required.

Apply at any branch (might have to call the customer service center and let the bank staff talk to them to figure out how to open the account. Don't believe them if they say you can't. What they mean is they don't know how.)

You get a regular bank book, and even an ATM card to conduct transactions electronically. For in person transactions, walk into any branch. They have a special form at the counter you ask for. You fill it out and deposit cash. Withdrawls are done on the same form, and they transfer the money to a regular savings account you designate within a few days.

Hardly different than a regular savings account to be honest. It doesn't exactly track the price of gold, but it gets pretty close. The only real issue with it is that they use the price as it exists on close of the market in New York. But you have to make your decision before about 15:00 in Thailand. So you don't know exactly what rates you are going to get when you make a purchase or withdrawl.

But still very easy if you want gold exposure but for whatever reason do not want to own the physical metal. Also a great way to dollar cost average a purchase of a 10 baht physical bar if you only want to invest a few thousand baht a month.