*angelina Jolie's Tattoos*

freshlysqeezed

I must say that there are alot of old fashioned people here.

Whats wrong with tatoos? :D

And for Angelinas, tatooed or not, she is still so xxxx beautiful!

I must add that you should choose your tattoo's wisely because in your later years

and your skin loses its elasticity, you don't want the head of the tiger covered

by a sagging flap of skin. :o

I think in 25-30 years this fad will have long since run its course and the

laser removal parlors will be doing a brisk business.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think in 25-30 years this fad will have long since run its course and the

laser removal parlors will be doing a brisk business.

I agree, I think a lot of people regret some, if not all of their tattoo's. I've never been one to consider branding myself, although I'm not exactly against people doing it. I've never actually seen Angelina Jolie's tattoo's so I couldn't comment on how they look, I think she could pull just about anything off though.

• 4 weeks later...

I accompanied a friend to Ajahn Noo's temple-like studio (which is in Pathum Thani, not Bangkok, tho I suppose PT can be considered part of metro BKK) a couple of months ago. The five lines Ajahn Noo tattooed behind Angelina's left shoulder are rows of khawm, Cambodian script used for Pali 'seed' phrases taken from Buddhist scripture and used in sak yan (magico-religious tattoo art), and are supposed to bring good luck and success in one's career,

The tiger sak yan evokes physical power, and is a favourite with Thai kickboxers and soldiers.

Most foreigners who visit Ajahn Noo are given the five-row tattoo as an 'entry-level' tattoo.

I think Angelina's tattoos look great, but then I appreciate tattoo art in general. As for it's being fad, no doubt many people see it that way but the practice has been around for thousands of years. As decoration, tattooing may come and go with fashion trends but as a ritual form it will probably be with us as long as humans continue to create art.

Brief History of Tattoos

Buddhist tattoo discussion

My sister has tattoos. She has always wanted them but decided to wait until she was 30 to get one --she knows that old adage, that what you do as a youngster you regret as an adult. Well, she is 42 and has just gotten her 3rd. She is happy with her tatttoos and confident enough in herself to not really be bothered by what other people think. And they do look good, she is an attractive, well built woman and they are not in obvious places.

Me, I wouldn't get one, I don't like pain! :o

for all you people who think she's hot, consider this....angelina jolie looks just like a female version of her father, jon voight, except maybe for the fat lips.

post-1335-1128419625_thumb.jpg

it is this fact alone that prevents me from having any fantasies about her..... :o .

i'll have to appreciate her good looks purely from an artistic angle.

for all you people who think she's hot, consider this....angelina jolie looks just like a female version of her father, jon voight, except maybe for the fat lips.

post-1335-1128419625_thumb.jpg

it is this fact alone that prevents me from having any fantasies about her..... :o .

i'll have to appreciate her good looks purely from an artistic angle.

Well as long as everyone is using OLD adages: Look at the mother if you want to see how a girl will look at age!

Lets face it..... she is hot!

Personally, I dislike Tatoos! I had the opportunity back in 1971, I was in the US Navy, crossing the International Date Line, where as sailors we were given the choice (Tatoo or eat the balut): I chose the balut and can still feel the claws going down my throat to this day....... My reasoning at this time? I had none.... I had just spent 6 rotten months in Vietnam and I was going home (Spent 2 more 6 month rotten tours after this!)

Now as to Angeline Jolie, well with her looks she can get away with anything she wants..... she seems to be a more down to earth person the your normal Hollywood personality. She gives her time to the UN (Another worthless organization) and actually stays away from the camera lights, she does not seek publicity.

I wouldn't throw her out of bed for a tatoo........

:D

I must say that there are alot of old fashioned people here.

Whats wrong with tatoos? :o

And for Angelinas, tatooed or not, she is still so xxxx beautiful!

Its like spray painting graphitti on a great piece of artwork

• 2 years later...
I accompanied a friend to Ajahn Noo's temple-like studio (which is in Pathum Thani, not Bangkok, tho I suppose PT can be considered part of metro BKK) a couple of months ago. The five lines Ajahn Noo tattooed behind Angelina's left shoulder are rows of khawm, Cambodian script used for Pali 'seed' phrases taken from Buddhist scripture and used in sak yan (magico-religious tattoo art), and are supposed to bring good luck and success in one's career,

The tiger sak yan evokes physical power, and is a favourite with Thai kickboxers and soldiers.

Most foreigners who visit Ajahn Noo are given the five-row tattoo as an 'entry-level' tattoo.

I think Angelina's tattoos look great, but then I appreciate tattoo art in general. As for it's being fad, no doubt many people see it that way but the practice has been around for thousands of years. As decoration, tattooing may come and go with fashion trends but as a ritual form it will probably be with us as long as humans continue to create art.

Brief History of Tattoos

Buddhist tattoo discussion

hello, sa wa dee ca ! how are you all . i am VERY INTERESTED in any forms of magic.. and have been searching about sak yant and if you or any one else has the information i need or any other kind of information please inform me , i will apreciate the comments :D what are the rules of wearing a sak yan. what are the many different sak yan available. do many people recive a blood disease form the needles the master uses. are the monks at for example wat bang phra have the same power as the bigger names like ajarn noo? what happens when you disobey the rules of wearing a sak yan besides loosing power, for example people go crazy and life fo them becomes harder. a question for you sabaijai, the tiger sak yan gives because physical power but do the other animals of the zodiac give other powers for example the does the monkey give the wearer smarter ideas because the monkey is smart or all the animal zodiac give the same physical power ? thank you!!

:o:D:D

Edited by teachmesakyantCA

Wow, a 3 year old thread is started again.

As for tattoos, a womans body is a work of art. The nice lines the smooth skin. Why would you want to ruin this by putting a tattoo on? Maybe a small one on the shoulder, but some get the big ones in the small of the back.. Or some big one on their arms and hands. UGLY!!!

You can get them removed via NdYag laser at Yanhee Hospital for 5-10 times the price of putting it on. In the process of removing my fraternity tattoo and Texas Longhorn logo (what sounds like a good idea at 18 doesn't always seem that way when you're 33) from my arm. Just glad I didn't get as many done as some folks out there (like Angelina).

:o

Edited by Heng

A few years back I copped a fair bit of flack for not enjoying Tomb Raider - apparently it was unheard of for a guy to only watch it for the shots of Angor - that was a real let down.

Angelina - not attractive. I would not watch any movie just because she's in it.

Some tattoos are just plain awful, others are quite sexy....depending on where they are.

Yeah .... that blue-green blob on her left tricep that is the partially removed Billy Bob luv tat is realllllllllllllllllllllllllly sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy.

As for the new tiger slag tag, I'm glad I don't have to look at while doing doggy. I've never found her particularly attractive in the first place and the tats subtract from that.

I always say get a t-shirt, not a tattoo. You can always change your t-shirt if you want to.

I think she is having more and more children because she wants the list of GPS coordinates of where her children were born to be long enough to cover it.

Wow, a 3 year old thread is started again.

As for tattoos, a womans body is a work of art. The nice lines the smooth skin. Why would you want to ruin this by putting a tattoo on? Maybe a small one on the shoulder, but some get the big ones in the small of the back.. Or some big one on their arms and hands. UGLY!!!

i presume you dont come from uk....i wouldnt say the ladies bodies there are a work of art.....definitely not.......they should have tattoos on them to distract you from the curves they have(im being polite by saying curves...more like mountains).

tattoos all a matter of opinion anyay.....i prefer a girl with lots of tattoos to no tattoos....not just boring ones but something different to the small butterfly or ex boyfriends name etc....shows a slightly wild interesting side as they have thought about it and sat thru hours of pain......but hey im a tattood freak .

• 3 months later...
Hello i'm an American girl that just heard about Angelinas thai tiger tattoo she got done in celebration to adobting her son son maddox , im so inlove with her tattoos so if anyone could email me or pm me on the meaning of the thai tiger she got done i would appreciate it......also she got a prayer on her left side of her back shoulder and would also like to know if anyone has any idea what it says?........or if any one knows a website for these symbols and meanings......

thanks,Danielle

heres a few pics:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-jolie.htm

This side up perhaps?

Roy gsd