Bus Driver Beheaded

goodguy

Last week I saw a bus in the ditch where there were a group of bodysnatchers and police tidying up. I asked my neighbour if he'd seen it?

He said the bus was travelling on Mittraphap Road direction Krung Thep. The driver had swerved to avoid crashing into a U-Turning vehicle, span around 180 degrees before leaving the road and lurching into the ditch the wrong way around. The driver was beheaded. Some passengers were killed. He blamed it on a brief shower of rain on the highway.

Just after the Thai Danish Showground and before the U-Turn.

Maybe there should be a bus accident forum.

This was just down the road from the spot where the burning bus had burnt out two years ago burning the passengers trapped inside.

Grisly.

Watch out especially between Saraburi and Pakchong.

Highway 2 is one if not the worst roads in Los.

I drive it regularly and I always see an accident....always.

Saw a bus parked up the steps of one of them pedestrian overpasses one day.......all the way up.

I saw the same down the hill before Khaeng Khoi.

Nawtier, I don't have that much experience on Highway 2, but the 3 times I used it, I saw at least 2 or 3 buses that fell in the ditch beside the road, really scary. Anyway, it was around new year, and as I've heard, that's "normal" there. Still scary though.

Highway 2 between Saraburi and Korat is really dangerous.

The hills or mountains are steep, lots of curves and whoever put the U turns there are complete morons.

There are like 3-4 lanes, but most of the slow trucks and buses go up the mountain in like 1st gear @ 10km/h so the faster trucks travelling in 2nd gear @ 20km/h swerve into the 2nd lane. Then the tour buses travelling at 40km/h swerve into the fast lane right in front of you while you are doing 100km/h