Visa Extension

I am currently on a 1 year Non O Immigrant visa which expires middle of next month.

My Thai wife is in the UK on business and will be returning to Thailand at the beginning of August. Unfortunately her ID card has only just expired and this will be renewed on her

return. She holds a Thai and British passport..

Blue book in her name (town house), marriage cert in both English and Thai, these documents I hold here in Thailand. I also own a condo but I know that the relevant documents are not required.

My original intention was to extend my non O immigrant visa but without a valid ID card and the non presence of my wife in Thailand it will be impossible for this extension.

My question is, as I need to extend my stay in Thailand for approx 5 months, what is the most appropriate visa I should apply for bearing in mind that when my wife returns in August I will wish to apply for a multiple Non immigrant O visa?

If you really do have a Non Imm O Visa you can exit the country just before it expires and get another 90 days on re entry. Providing the Visa is valid.

Or do you have an extension of your permision to stay?

EDIT.

It appears you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa that expired in December.

If you meet the financial requirements for Retirement Extension you can do that if not a Tourist Visa would probably be the only option. A double entry would give 6 months with extensions.

If you really do have a Non Imm O Visa you can exit the country just before it expires and get another 90 days on re entry. Providing the Visa is valid.

Or do you have an extension of your permision to stay?

EDIT.

It appears you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa that expired in December.

If you meet the financial requirements for Retirement Extension you can do that if not a Tourist Visa would probably be the only option. A double entry would give 6 months with extensions.

Thanks for the fast reply Lite Beer, Yes it does appear that a double entry tourist visa would be the only solution.

Where in your experience would be the best Thai consulate to obtain this visa? I would like to apply in either KL or Penang but maybe they do not issue double entry TR.

Regards

Penang. No chance. KL. Unlikely.

Best bet would be Laos. Vientienne or maybe Savanakhet.

EDIT.

Maybe I was wrong about KL.

Here is a recent report of success. The poster did provide evidence of air tickets leaving Thailand so would suggest contacting them before travelling.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433674-tourist-visa-double-entry-kuala-lumpur/page__view__findpost__p__4148623