Do You Ever Post

ThaiPauly

I have been guilty of this a few times, not so much lately but when I was quite new to the forum.

It normally happens when I am in a bad mood (nothing to do with the post I am responding to) but more often than not when I have had one to many Chang's.

My fingers engage the keyboard before my brain is anywhere near it and its normally a tirade with spelling mistakes all over the place.

Then as soon as you hit "Post Reply" I think 'Oh my God -what have I just said?

Then I normally skulk off to bed knowing that I will have to face the consequences of my actions the next morning.

Anybody else ever been guilty of this alcohol inflicted sin?

I have been guilty of this a few times, not so much lately but when I was quite new to the forum.

It normally happens when I am in a bad mood (nothing to do with the post I am responding to) but more often than not when I have had one to many Chang's.

My fingers engage the keyboard before my brain is anywhere near it and its normally a tirade with spelling mistakes all over the place.

Then I normally skulk off to bed knowing that I will have to face the consequences of my actions the next morning.

oh shit, I forgot this!

that should have been included too!

that was not what I want to say, why didn't I reread it?

unfortunately it happens to me without chang! :D

maybe I should try posting with chang? :o

Compeletely agree with u. - Sorry but police is at my door.

Not in this medium but I once had a National Manager who advocated - Holding your response to an annoying customer/situation for 24 hours.

Re-reading your initial response ( often penned with steam coming out of your ears) and contemplating in the light of day was it still appropriate - or now that the steam had gone out of the situation should you tone it down a little.

Suprising how many times it paid dividends - I apply the same concept when responding to some of the posts on TV. Or even more importantly when discussing things with the other half it makes for a very peaceful co-habitation and once again it's suprising how many times in the light of day the other halfs point of view makes sense.

I hate it when my mind says one thing and my fingers mis-translates everything and makes my tangerines pucker up. See what I mean? This post is a perfect egg sample of that which what I'm saying. Doesn't it?

I say 'Bing brack the edit butter.' :o

as a mod, i can edit anytime I want & often get pm's from people requesting the removal of a chang powered post or to edit out something.

Myself, I don't use the edit post on myself except to amend spelling mistakes. I mean everything I post at that time :o

Maybe George could add an Emergency Delete Post button.....  :D

In the ilk of "bite my tongue" I think that is an excellent idea..... Though probably thousands of hours of programmers time. :o

The one that gets me is the written word Vs the spoken word. I speak in the 1st person, and the subtleties of the spoken word such as tambre and timing just can't be translated into the written word. So we speak person to person and you thing I am an easy going guy, with no real issues. Maybe read my written word and you thing "this guy needs to visit a good hospital".

I must honestly say, I wish I had the gift of being able to put the written word the way I want it spoken.

The edit button works just fine the way it is. It would be total mayhem if anyone could edit their posts whenever they wanted...."you said blah blah blah"...."no I didn't I said blah blah blow"...."you must of changed it you yadddy yaddy yad"..."no I didn't you just altered my post for your own agenda you frick frack frock"....etc.

If its too late to use the edit button then just act like a grown up and write an apology post or a correction post...that is if you are adult enough to apologize or admit you were wrong.

edit: see how good the edit button works...now I don't have to apollagize for the nasty things I said and just deleted....I do apollogize for my speelling though.

Edited by chownah

A couple of times I've thought "Oh crap I didn't mean to do that" but that feeling only lasts a few seconds then I just think to myself everyone makes a mistake in a while nevermind and get on with it.

A couple of times I've read some of my posts before I've send them and realised they give off the wrong impression so I add a smile or two and I'm done. :o

I need that !

Jeff, I think we can make do with the 'edit' button for the time being :D

gintOnic :o

For me ( my computer anyway ) the edit function does not appear after someone posts after me . Why ? !

I need that !

Jeff, I think we can make do with the 'edit' button for the time being :D

gintOnic :o

For me ( my computer anyway ) the edit function does not appear after someone posts after me . Why ? !

The edit button is only "live" for a short period of time after the post has been made.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=26712&hl=edit

totster :D

Jeff, I think we can make do with the 'edit' button for the time being  :D

gintOnic  :o

Poor Jeff, next time if you happen to post something that you want to fix later, I will do for you. Promise I won't make it worse :D :D

The edit button is only "live" for a short period of time after the post has been made.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=26712&hl=edit

totster  :D

really? Why do I always have it - maybe I am special? :D

I never even KNEW there was an Edit button, anyone wanna come and give me a Basic Computer Skills course

I'll pay!!!

At least now you know there is an 'edit' button :D

gintOnic :D

Edited by gintonic

Only Monday through Friday.

Oh, you are around? Available to take some criticism?

The fluff you make around the news is funny. The news you parrot came from elsewhere, all interested would know your "news" hours or days before u tell the same, you are making it all a nonsense.

Get that Pommie woman to recite the news, she inspires some confidence.