Can You Watch True Visions In Australia

nongnuch

I am moving to Australia and I notice True Vision use ThaiCom5 Satellite as per Lyngsat-maps looks like they cover Australia.

If I took my set-top box to Australia do you think it would work ?

What size Satellite dish would I require.

Thanks

Nuch

Edited by nongnuch

We have 3 set-top boxes which we pay for monthly.

True Vision offers Thai TV and Thai Movies (which I love). I can also get Thai News.

But I don't want to take the equipment to Australia if I can't watch it.

Yes FOXTEL beats TrueVision for programming but I love me Thai TV and TV5 is not good enough.

1. Because I am Thai
  2. True Vision offers Thai TV and Thai Movies (which I love). I can also get Thai News.
  3. I am sure there will be technicians in Australia I believe Australia might even have motor cars and mobile phones even now so they must have technicians - LOL
  4. I also know there are Thai's in Australia who sell Satellite systems so I will be calling them tomorrow.

No it will not work in Australia, the beam of the satellite that you watch True on only covers Thailand and ares just outside Thailand. Same as you can not get Australian pay tv in Thailand.

Only Thai TV you can get in Australia is Thai Global network and DMC. There are shops in capital cities that sell or rent Thai movies.

Google is your friend - most any free to view like news etc and major channel in Thailand can be seen online anywhere.

exp:

http://www.siamtv.us/start.html

http://www.thailivetv.com/

many others might be better.

I have tried Thai TV via the internet from Australia, it was barely watchable to to constant buffering. Not real good for movies, maybe there is a better service that I could not find but the ones I tried where not so good, I suspect bandwidth out of Thailand was the issue.

My Thai friend got his "fix" by watching Thai TV programs on DVD discs. I do know that shows beamed in Thailand weekly become available on disc in Australia from the local shop in Dee Why and I am sure elsewhere.

If all else fails, you could contact the vendor in Dee Why and see how he does it, on his laptop as far as I know. He is located in the Thai food mart on Howard Avenue very close to its intersection with Pittwater Road.

I will be there for six months on April 14th so if I can help after that, don't hesitate.

You probably saw the global beam on Thaicom, but True is not broadcast on this beam, it's broadcast on this one:

thai5_thailand.gif

So no, you can't get it in Australia (well, you could if you rented some Satellite bandwdith and broadcast it yourself).