Anti-Persperspirant Deodorant

corkman

Hi Folks,

I recent ran out of my "western" supply of anti-perspirant spray on deodorant that i brough with me from farang land.

I've tried two that i got in tesco's - addidas and nivea..... to be heonst, both are pretty useless.

i am not an especially sweaty person, and generally fair better than most...... but none the less i would prefer a bit more "protection" in the under-arm department rather than two giant wet patches!

Has anyone got any tips on a good product?

Thanks,

CM

I found the Thai deodorants/anti-perspirants to be fairly useless and continued to order products from the U.S. Even they didn't work too well in the heat of Thailand. Then a friend told me about how you can have botox injected just under the skin of your armpit area to basically kill off the sweat glands. It only lasts for about 6 months, unfortunately, but life is good during those six months. You still need to use a deodorant, but not an anti-perspirant. Now the Thai deodorants work just fine for me and are cheaper and easier on the skin than the U.S. industrial-strength anti-perspirants.

Botox treatments are fairly cheap here.

I've been using the deodorant stone which is all natural for the past few years. Most pharmacies carry it and I have even seen it at some 7-11's. Takes care of the BO problem and my white tees don't get that nasty brown stain even if i sweat.:)

I believe you are talking about alum crystal. I tired a couple of different kinds and it doesn't work for me. I use Nivea for men and Rexona for women. I keep a small Rexona in my brief case as I used to work 10 hours a day in an office with no air conditioning. I also use a soft brush when I shower to apply soap and I never wear polyester shirts.

I've been using the deodorant stone which is all natural for the past few years. Most pharmacies carry it and I have even seen it at some 7-11's. Takes care of the BO problem and my white tees don't get that nasty brown stain even if i sweat.smile.gif

I've heard of these before but didn't know they were sold here. Can you give some more info? Is there a brand you'd recommend? How much are they, and how long to they last?

Not sure of the brand as i have a deficit when it comes to reading Thai.:whistling: But the stone is actually a crystal as stated my mark45y . It comes in a clear plastic case with a label. All you do is wet the stone and rub under your pits. it is odorless although the last one I bought had aloe extract added to it, but the smell was very faint.

I even use a separate stone on my feet. They are not that expensive- around 50-60 baht and one stone will last up to 3 months.

I think they originated in Thailand but could be wrong.

I've been using the deodorant stone which is all natural for the past few years. Most pharmacies carry it and I have even seen it at some 7-11's. Takes care of the BO problem and my white tees don't get that nasty brown stain even if i sweat.smile.gif

I've heard of these before but didn't know they were sold here. Can you give some more info? Is there a brand you'd recommend? How much are they, and how long to they last?

You can buy Alum on the local markets = สารส้ม sa:n som - it lasts a long time also for water purification!

Edited by Samuian

Not sure of the brand as i have a deficit when it comes to reading Thai.:whistling: But the stone is actually a crystal as stated my mark45y . It comes in a clear plastic case with a label. All you do is wet the stone and rub under your pits. it is odorless although the last one I bought had aloe extract added to it, but the smell was very faint.

I even use a separate stone on my feet. They are not that expensive- around 50-60 baht and one stone will last up to 3 months.

I think they originated in Thailand but could be wrong.

In English in small print on the crystals sold at 7/11 Grace deodorant.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll give the boots-own-brand a try. Sounds promising. I don't care what it smells like, and fortunately altough I am sweating alot lately, it is not "smelly" sweat - I just look like an idiot with tw big wet patches under my arms!

Cheers,

CM

Try "Rexona". It has the same "tick" or "check" symbol on the front as "Sure" in western countries - logo like Nike but white coloured.A few years back they added underneath that it was "for women", but never brought out a male version as far as I could see, and didn't change the composition. So if you're man enough not to be worried about anti-perspirant deoderant which says its for women, it could be the one for you :)

I'll add another recommendation for the Boots own brand of deodorant that comes in roll on and spray, depending on which you prefer. Have found it to be the best choice over the years and they even have a non-perfumed one available in case you don't care for the cheap cologne smell lingering under your nose the whole day. rolleyes.gif

Go for anti-perspirant, anything else is useless in TH.

Boots own brand is good, as are the nivea and rexona.

My personal recommendation would be a big can of the boots own brand cheap one for the feet, and their own brand mens one for the underarms. Also try the roll ons, I have heard they are good and not as bad for you as breathing in aluminium salts everyday.

Suggest you drop down to the "Health" forum and do a search for: deodorant

There's several threads there on the subject.

One of which mentioned a Thai made product, DeodoMin, which lists potassium alum as the active ingredient. It comes in spray (pump, not pressurized) and rollon forms. I've found it at TOPS, Future Park, down low on the shelf, not very prominently displayed like the international brands.

Mac

post-32650-0-29584200-1298682989_thumb.j

At the risk off getting a gob full, I’ve found the best form of anti-perspirant is daily exercise, especially in hot climates; puffin, blowing and sweating like a rapist an hour a day doses wonders for conditioning your body for the climate. When I’ve cooled down, shower, dab of underarm and a waft of foo foo powder….Sorted, I tend not feel too hot or sweat to much under normal out and abouting now. Botox…Sad, very sad.

My mrs buys stuff at the '' Oriental Princess '' outlets, they sell roll on anti-perspirant deodorant in many '' flavours '', l tried it and it works great, wet for a few minutes but OK, think 95bht and lasts a long time so if your walking behind a guy that smells of cherry blossom, its me. :D

PS. My gran told me she tried one of these new fangled modern deodorants, she said the instructions were'

'' Unscrew the top and push up the bottom'', she said '' it was very painful but awsome when she farted '' :lol:

Edited by transam

My mrs buys stuff at the '' Oriental Princess '' outlets, they sell roll on anti-perspirant deodorant in many '' flavours '', l tried it and it works great, wet for a few minutes but OK, think 95bht and lasts a long time so if your walking behind a guy that smells of cherry blossom, its me. :D

PS. My gran told me she tried one of these new fangled modern deodorants, she said the instructions were'

'' Unscrew the top and push up the bottom'', she said '' it was very painful but awsome when she farted '' :lol:

Transam, do they do Marmite flavor?

Try "Rexona". It has the same "tick" or "check" symbol on the front as "Sure" in western countries - logo like Nike but white coloured.A few years back they added underneath that it was "for women", but never brought out a male version as far as I could see, and didn't change the composition. So if you're man enough not to be worried about anti-perspirant deoderant which says its for women, it could be the one for you :)

This would also be my recommendation- it also has the advantange of being very widely available- 7/11 and all supermarkets. It's been on the only thing that works well for me.

Edited by realfunster

trasam. I thought cherry blossom was a boot polish. :whistling:

jb1

trasam. I thought cherry blossom was a boot polish. :whistling:

jb1

Old leather eh. :lol:

Body Series Deodorant and Antiperspirant from Amway. Works very well.

Hadn't thoguht of Amyway - and seeing as my Mrs is an Amyway agent back in the real world, I should have thought of that!

Meanwhile, I went to Boots and bought half a dozen cans of the various Boots own brand and <deleted> that they had. I'll be doing a trail this week, and will report back results. I suppose different products work for different people. I tried the boots last night, and it seems to have been very effective!

I mean, to be heonst, I don't sweat much...... its just under-arm I seem to get done! Even the Thai's in my office remark how I cope well with the heat..... when they are all complaining during the hot season, it doesn't really bother me.

THanks for all the replies!