Films On /About/Made In Thailand

Hermes100

we are all movie fanatics in our family; my eldest being a cinemateque movie goer (art movies, old classics, new and unusual, etc)... and she claims that the thai 'style' is amazing: the ghosts, the attention to strange details (hollywood doesnt give much attention to tiny detais apparently), and also, the use of music both thai and western...

hubby and i however like anything that involves action/ghosts...

all of us including the other two kids likes nang nak, necromancer, chang (about an boy and an elephant,an incredibly long tear jerker,old movie); didnt like chocolate too much, had to watch several monk comedies and they do make me laugh; coppola's movie was long and boring.

we actually have quite a lot of movies in thai and we watch w/o sub titles since i cant get them with, and my kids cant read english that fast either, but we found that it doesnt matter. most thai movies are not made 'verbally oriented', they can be understood mostly from watching, occassionally we ask husband for sketches of what is happening.

the horror movies are a particular hit with our kids, most of whom cant read english subs anyway...

tears of the black tiger also good. currently trying to download hanuman.

bina

israel

No where does the OP say they have to be good movies..............:annoyed:

Dont forget Bangkok Adrenaline

You must have worked on it to state such a thing. Bangkok Adrenaline was total shit. Don't confuse people by adding it to the list of good Thai movies. It's not even a Thai movie, it stars almost all falang actors with falang writers and Directors.