Ocean 1

Basil B

Thinking of putting down a deposit ,to keep the developers Bentley on the road ?

Yups, these guys are very keen on getting a big car parc...

in 2009 when I used to live in view talay residence I always saw the managers of that Siam Enterprises riding around in their Bentley's...a year later these Bentley's were even replaced by two Rolls Royces...

I am asking myself the question how long will it take until these guys will end up in Hiluxes or Commonrails.

Is this company still in existence? Siam Best Enterprise Company. If so, I would like to know the properties it owns and the properties it is developing. Is it the company behind the new condo developments like the "Sails?"

You're not the bloke who takes the deposits and drives the Bentley are you? gmac

we will have a whole new set of fish to hook and fillet TheWalkingMan

When this rubbish first came out, SGD

inspired me Pakboong

smelled bad, really bad Jingthing

Garbage !!! GamLing

Thinking of putting down a deposit ,to keep the developers Bentley on the road ? Thaifan2

riding around in their Bentley's...a year later these Bentley's were even replaced by two Rolls Royces... BeardedDragon

Thanks for all the comprehensive and amusing responses to my post. As I said, its like a blast from the past to see people still getting worked up and emotional about Ocean 1.

What is it that upsets you all? Why should the fact people drive around in Bentleys cause such irritation? Are you jealous? Does success by others remind you of your own (lack of) achievements? Why can't you take pleasure in the success of others. Smile and say 'good luck to you'.

New developments are changing the skyline daily. The area is moving into a new Golden Era. It will not be based on the moribund old farang markets but the new emerging economies that are bursting into growth and prosperity. The Russians are no longer coming. They have arrived! One Russian managed estate agent claims to have sold 90 condos in a recent month.

Even East Pattaya houses that have been for sale for years and some thought were unsaleable at any price are beginning to be bought by Asians, Indians and Russians at prices that suit them.

Life moves on. Things continue to change and develop to suit the actual market. Consumers vote for what they want with their purchases and nothing stays the same.

As some might say. Get over it.

Thinking of putting down a deposit ,to keep the developers Bentley on the road ?

in 2009 when I used to live in view talay residence I always saw the managers of that Siam Enterprises riding around in their Bentley's...a year later these Bentley's were even replaced by two Rolls Royces...

I am asking myself the question how long will it take until these guys will end up in Hiluxes or Commonrails.

Is this company still in existence? Siam Best Enterprise Company. If so, I would like to know the properties it owns and the properties it is developing. Is it the company behind the new condo developments like the "Sails?"

I suspect the company is still in existence.

If I recall there was a post on Thai Visa from one of the developers/promoters clearly identifying their projects, but I can't find it very well using the search function. He was clearly identifying that "View Talay Condos" (3 through 7) and 'View Talay" time share units were not part of their developments.

If I recall, SBC developments were "View Talay Residence" (1 through 6), "Ocean 1", and quite possibly "The Majestic Villas". Although "The Majestic" may have been with another associated company, "Jomtien Properties" which built "View Talay Condos" (1 & 2), and "View Talay Villas".

I don't believe the "Sails" was ever associated with them (I suspect that was another operation near Ban Sare)

If I recall there was a post on Thai Visa from one of the developers/promoters clearly identifying their projects, but I can't find it very well using the search function. He was clearly identifying that "View Talay Condos" (3 through 7) and 'View Talay" time share units were not part of their developments.

If I recall, SBC developments were "View Talay Residence" (1 through 6), "Ocean 1", and quite possibly "The Majestic Villas". Although "The Majestic" may have been with another associated company, "Jomtien Properties" which built "View Talay Condos" (1 & 2), and "View Talay Villas".

I don't believe the "Sails" was ever associated with them (I suspect that was another operation near Ban Sare)

Thanks for the information. I can't find their website on the net, but there are many articles about them SNIP I just wanted the info. in order to know what properties not to purchase. Is "Beginner" serious or making a joke? I am new here and am not sure. His posts are hilarious.

Edited by Rimmer
Heresay

You're not the bloke who takes the deposits and drives the Bentley are you? gmac

we will have a whole new set of fish to hook and fillet TheWalkingMan

When this rubbish first came out, SGD

inspired me Pakboong

smelled bad, really bad Jingthing

Garbage !!! GamLing

Thinking of putting down a deposit ,to keep the developers Bentley on the road ? Thaifan2

riding around in their Bentley's...a year later these Bentley's were even replaced by two Rolls Royces... BeardedDragon

Thanks for all the comprehensive and amusing responses to my post. As I said, its like a blast from the past to see people still getting worked up and emotional about Ocean 1.

What is it that upsets you all? Why should the fact people drive around in Bentleys cause such irritation? Are you jealous? Does success by others remind you of your own (lack of) achievements? Why can't you take pleasure in the success of others. Smile and say 'good luck to you'.

New developments are changing the skyline daily. The area is moving into a new Golden Era. It will not be based on the moribund old farang markets but the new emerging economies that are bursting into growth and prosperity. The Russians are no longer coming. They have arrived! One Russian managed estate agent claims to have sold 90 condos in a recent month.

Even East Pattaya houses that have been for sale for years and some thought were unsaleable at any price are beginning to be bought by Asians, Indians and Russians at prices that suit them.

Life moves on. Things continue to change and develop to suit the actual market. Consumers vote for what they want with their purchases and nothing stays the same.

As some might say. Get over it.

Are you a politician then? as your reply seemed intended as a put down without actually answering the question.

The area is moving into a new Golden Era.

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard with reference to the Eastern Seaboard, I am sure you mean while the rest of the world is going forward, they are going backwards into their own golden era.

They can't even repair a pothole properly, let alone make a road that it will develop in.

Oh, sorry they already have developed the pothole road, Thappraya and one wonders by the time they finally finish it, the whole thing will need ripping up again and resurfacing, just like Sukhumvit between Klang & Tai, once the drainage was done for the 3rd time, the road laid on the outer lanes came straight off in the first big rain.

I fondly remember beach road in Pattaya years ago, they ripped it up once to lay some drainage, then when finished after months, they then thought, oh lets put the cables under ground, so they ripped it up again, and I think there are now plans to rip it up again for something else - certainly a new Golden Era :)

But that's what makes Thailand so interesting to live in.....

Correct. They continue to "manage" most of these properties, although they have never held AGMs or produced annual accounts in line with the condominium act. Residence 1 and 2, after a battle, managed to replace them with another management company. Problems with some owners getting title due to bank loans being secured using chanotes of sold properties. Best avoided.

• 1 month later...