Do You Check Prices When You Go Shopping?

tartempion

What gets me is how they charge for refill packs... Many item have refill packs, there not the same size/ contents, sure people never look or work it out, the same contents work out far more expensive.... Buy one get 1 Free is cheaper, but here mostly it is buy 2 get one free, the shoppers are filling up there shopping carts, yet if they worked it out even with the free pack it is still more expensive the the regaler size, sometimes there are some very good deals but not to often

It just good sense to calculate those things yourself and make sure your not paying too much. But yes it works people are easily fooled.

I noticed that too. TIT!

But I believe that the average Thai won't notice without a calculator.

Yes, I don't think its always a clever marketing ploy, sometimes it is about poor maths. Market traders seem to be a bit more on the ball to me rather than shops, probably because it's their own business.

Yes, I don't think its always a clever marketing ploy, sometimes it is about poor maths. Market traders seem to be a bit more on the ball to me rather than shops, probably because it's their own business.

'sometimes it is about poor maths' yes maybe, yesterday at the local Market Strawberries everything clearly marked, 1 kg 60 baht, next to the loose ones were many bags 250 g @ 20 baht....... Fine that is the way it should be, but the Thai lady in front of me bought 3 bags ? err that is 750 g for 60 baht :blink: