Is It Unusually Warm This Sunday Morning?

Gonzo the Face

Does anyone else find it unusually warm with unseasonal temperature?

I came out a little before 6:30 this morning and the persperation was was soaking thru my shirt.

I was told yesterday that today was supposed to reach 39 degrees.... now maybe I can believe it ....

..... or maybe its true about male menopause..... I'm having a sympathetic heat flash.

:)

It is indeed time to start moaning about hot season.

Do we need a new thread, or shall we just bring up last year's?

It has been a little on the warm side the pass week or so and unfortunately the haze is getting worse. Smell of smoke yesterday and no more seeing of Doi Suthep from Doi Saket.:ermm:

It's getting warmer, which is what you'd expect going into March.

39 is unlikely, due to the haze; can see 36 or so though. When the haze clears in April, you'll really see it getting high, like forties.

Come on April. The Wet T Shirt Contest.:lol:

39 is unlikely, due to the haze; can see 36 or so though. When the haze clears in April, you'll really see it getting high, like forties.

And how many months does that last ?

<deleted> YEAH!

I'm looking forward to some hotter weather.. both because I'm kind of done with the cold nights, and also because it gives me that Songkranny feeling.. Party's coming.. 42 more days until kick-off. Is it too early to start cleaning and hydrating the rubber bits in the water gun arsenal I wonder..

because I'm kind of done with the cold nights

...dam_n Winnie are you really turning into a true Thai...... rolleyes.gif I think that there was only two entire nights where I didn't have the fan on.... The windows are always open and I wear shorts all year round.... But then again I'm near the Hangdong area and not into any of the hills however I am up well before 6am every day....

I continue to get my chuckles with seeing the Thais donning hats, gloves, and Winter coats.....laugh.gif

Last year the pent up tension by the political crap had the people wanting to party and let lose so it kicked off about two days earlier than normal for about 5 days total. I do not seeing going any longer than that in Chiang Mai. Pattaya is a hole different story.:lol:

I agree with others here... Yes, it IS HOTTER! It started about 2 or 3 days ago. Last night I could comfortably ride my motorcycle at 2 AM wearing nothing but a light cotton shirt, sandals and shorts. I have had the fan on all night and day.

However, the hot weather seemed a lot longer coming than previous years. I usually arrives in early February. I still don't feel the need to put on the air-con. Last night was the first time since November that I didn't want a blanket on the bed at night.. In Mae Sai 3 days ago it was very cool in the evening

Last year the pent up tension by the political crap had the people wanting to party and let lose so it kicked off about two days earlier than normal for about 5 days total. I do not seeing going any longer than that in Chiang Mai. Pattaya is a hole different story.:lol:

Well, I'm personally counting down to the 11th. 11th afternoon you can get away with some mild water gun action, though the point is to startle people with the odd squirt, not completely soak them. (I may even leave the big guns and buckets at home, and also completely avoid people who aren't starting the party yet, especially Farangs who are a grumpy lot more often than not. ) Of course 'the odd quirt' quickly escalates once you get some like-minded individuals within 30 feet or so of each other.

But 12th is a full-on day, barrels of water in the back of the truck and everything. As is 13th, 14th and 15th. Another challenge is to not drink too much and be out of the action for the main day. (Hi Mestizo! :) ) So with some proper planning and moderation, it's possible to get in 4-5 days of the stuff.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It remained a bit warmer last night than it's been because of the cloud cover.

Exactly so O-man. Increase in humidity makes it feel warmer too. It was pretty murky flying around Doi Saket this am but it seemed more like haze than smoke. It was actually a bit clearer up here in Pai this afternoon even though the hills all around are on fire.

I was thinking because the 15 on a Friday a total of 7 days. Maybe?:whistling:

Yeah, that's what I hoped too a couple years ago when it also hit the weekend, but it didn't happen. We can always hope for 7 days, but realistically: I don't think so.

To stretch it longer I think it's probably better to have a practise session on the weekend before, the weekend of 9 and 10 April. That would be a private pre-Songkran garden-based warm-up and test run of MY NEW SUPER SOAKER AQUASHOCK HYDROBLITZ. I'll put that in the form of a kids party, for any kids blessed with parents who like Songkran. Parent's can warm up with som Chang and Sang Som as well.

super_soaker_hydroblitz.jpg

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/2007/super_soaker_hydroblitz.html

I don't mind Songkran, but the shorter the better as far as I am concerned. One or two days would be plenty. :)

I think most people feel that way, also most Thais. The thing is though that not everyone has all days off work, and even the ones that do will need to spend some days visiting family. So it's not all the same people celebrating 4 days straight. (Yours truly excepted. ;) Any family and temple stuff I get out of the way in the mornings)

Now that we're off topic......I'll share my feelings on songkran.

The absolute ruddest holiday in this country!! How can anyone [in their right mind] condone some drunken idiot tossing a full pail of filthy klong water at full force into the face of a passing drunken motorcycle driver and laugh when he hits the pavement??

So much fun!!!!

Every year, I make plans to escape this madness, but something always gets in the way.