Kingfisher Airlines

keithsimmonds

I emailed Kingfisher Customer-Services a few months back, and was told 32 kgs hold-luggage + 7 kgs carry-on, for passengers between BKK-LHR. Clearly the extra is useful, when loaded-down with 'goodies', on the return-flight home to Thailand !

It might also be worth joining their ff-club online before you fly, and printing-out your card, to show at check-in ?

I emailed Kingfisher Customer-Services a few months back, and was told 32 kgs hold-luggage + 7 kgs carry-on, for passengers between BKK-LHR. Clearly the extra is useful, when loaded-down with 'goodies', on the return-flight home to Thailand !

It might also be worth joining their ff-club online before you fly, and printing-out your card, to show at check-in ?

That soundslike good advice.

Thanks Ricardo

I'm flying with them in July. I booked with them after they were reccommended by somone where I work. He says the food is pretty good and all the planes are new. They have good reviews on all the websites I've seen. The fact they are cheap helps too.

Posted my experiences with them on this thread.

Here.

A few tips there that might make your transfer a bit easier.

Thanks for the heads up,it does make you think. They are though 6 to 7000bht cheaper than any other airline,but sounds like you get what you pay for :ermm:

Posted my experiences with them on this thread.

Here.

A few tips there that might make your transfer a bit easier.

Thanks for the heads up,it does make you think. They are though 6 to 7000bht cheaper than any other airline,but sounds like you get what you pay for :ermm:

I also seem to recall someone saying that if you slipped the guy in the executive lounge at Mumbai $5 you could chill out there nicely. And experiences are relative, this is not a bad airline, but I found the 5* rating in Economy to be somewhat suspect particularly in view of the aircraft used Bangkok- Mumbai sector. For us if we find an airline like Qatar coming up for around a £100 more then we fly Qatar, time is tight these days, don't get so many opportunities to get to LOS as a family so we like to do it in a bit of comfort. Recently I noticed that for some dates we were interested in Saudi were coming in very cheap, I wouldn't have flown them but people do. I can also understand that. For a backpacker the price difference may well equate to a weeks or more accommodation. You pay your money and take your choice :rolleyes:

for me, the only bad part was the transfer in Mumbai. I thought the flights them selves were pretty good. I have to say I slightly preferred Jet, but both were fairly similar.

I've been tempted by the prices on offer from Jet and Kingfisher, but put off trying them so far by the numerous bad reports about transfers in Mumbai and Delhi. Then again, just how bad is it? If you have spent many years in Asia, you know how things work, you're used to incompetance/inefficiency, you can do the old "mai pen rai" with the best of them - is an Indian airport transfer really a reason to pass up a good deal? Opinions anyone?

for me, the only bad part was the transfer in Mumbai. I thought the flights them selves were pretty good. I have to say I slightly preferred Jet, but both were fairly similar.

I've been tempted by the prices on offer from Jet and Kingfisher, but put off trying them so far by the numerous bad reports about transfers in Mumbai and Delhi. Then again, just how bad is it? If you have spent many years in Asia, you know how things work, you're used to incompetance/inefficiency, you can do the old "mai pen rai" with the best of them - is an Indian airport transfer really a reason to pass up a good deal? Opinions anyone?

Mai pen rai, you have it in one. Really not that bad, follow the tips above and its very doable. Really not something to be faced with trepidation if your used to Asia. To be honest I prefer it to EVA where I always seem to be surrounded by people who treat the flight as just an extension of the bar they just left in Pattaya, and lets face it any flight can be a pain if your fellow passengers want to make it so. :( Actually that sounds like I could do with a bit of mai pen rai myself :rolleyes:

Edited by roamer

It was a bit of a pain the 1st time, just wasn't expecting it I guess. A transfer in the same airport is usually quite painless. No checks and bag scans, just hang around airside and get on the next 'plane. On the way back I was expecting it and, although it wasn't the best experience in the world, it didn't stop me from doing it again. I'm about to do it for the third time too! :)

So, not good, but not bad enough to make me spend more money to avoid it! :)