Transferring Money (Telex Transfer) Out Of Thailand

Hi

I hope someone out there can help!!

5 years ago, a considerable amount of money was OTT'd (telex transferred) from the UK to my a/c in Bangkok. This was done in 2 'goes' as the will of a deceased relative was in 2 parts.

Anyway, I got 2 Foreign Exchange Transaction Forms from my bank on arrival of the money.

In the first form in section 4 (purpose of transfer), I wrote 'deposit'. In the second form in section 4, I wrote 'buying a condo'. I don't know why I wrote this as I had already bought a condo in Bangkok a few years before!! I think the guy in the bank said to write anything as it doesn't really matter. Oh how he was wrong!!!

Now, I am trying to OTT the money to a Time Deposit in Singapore and am told that the first form (purpose of transfer: deposit) is OK to OTT out of Thailand.

The second form (purpose of transfer: buying a condo) is not allowed to be OTTd out. I presume that any money brought in for the purpose of buying property cannot be taken out again if no property is purchased.

Therefore, I am left with a few million Baht to get out to SG.

How much can I OTT in one go without any paperwork? I heard it's about US20,000.

If so, is this limit for 1 day, 1 week or 1 month?

Any experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I would have expected it to be the other way around.

The 'deposit' beng lived off during the 5 years and the money for buying the condo left unspent.

To transfer money out from the sale of a condo you need the land office tax form. Is that the opbstacle? Even though you haven't sold a condo.

Try going to the head office of your bank and speakng to someone there.

What have you been living off for the last 5 years? If you've been workng tell them the money in the bank is from salary and send it out.