Looking For Cheap Accommodation

jackers

have you looked at huaw kaew palace they also throw in a breakfast it's about 5500 baht for one month.

No, it's out of my price range. I must come across as a terrible cheapskate but I am just trying to budget effectively as that gives me more options with my travel plans.

There are a lot of options really in the 2500-3000 range. It just depends on what part of town you want to be in.

Don't bother with the Choktawee as it is a ways out and I know the prices are up closer to 3000 now. No big deal there.

Closer in on that side of town is the Smith Residence, just up the road and across the street from the British Council. It runs about 3000, a bit cheaper with fan only. The A/C units are old and if you get one with A/C it will run you another 1000 bt or so (that's the thing with some of these low end spots is they rip you off on the electricity). Easy walking to several places to eat and easy to catch a red car into town (or a fairly short walk to the river)

If you want to be in town Moonmuang Soi 7 and 9 and some of the inner lanes will have spots in that price range. You'll be well situated for Songkran there too (unless a week of daily dousings isn't your thing...)

Up around Buddy place there are a lot of other options, in and around the Rajabhat Univ. Lots of students up there. Another area is north of Huay Kaew, with lots of spots in that 2500-3000 range. 

Then out up Suthep Road behind CM University's back gate there are a lot of spots and could/should be some good pickings as the university is on summer break.

Of course, some spots will want a 3-6 month lease, so that is another potential limitation. If you are only looking at a month or two, stick to the Moonmuang and maybe some other spots along Huay Kaew as mentioned above. 

You should rent a bike and cruise around and see all these spots before deciding, esp. if you are planning to be here for 2-3 months.