Big Couch

ollylama

Hey where's the best place to buy a big sofa? The L-shaped kind. But big. Index has some good deals at 10,000 but they're all pretty small. Or they're really expensive (30,000-40,000). Where to find a big sofa for 15,000-20,000?

Concept has a couple options but the patterns are pretty horrible.

Aside from Home Pro, Index and Concept, what is there in Chiang Mai when it comes to sofas couches and generally comfy TV watching furniture?

If you know what you want--style and dimensions--why don't you have one made to order?

The cost is often less than the ready made sofas available at the retailers.

I would suggest is going to google images, and search for a sofa that you like, print the image and take it to a few manufactures to get a price. There are dozens and dozens of them along the road to Ban Tawai as well as furniture makers in the city.

Best thing to do is head for Lamphun where there are enough furniture warehouses with enough L shaped sofa's for anyones lifetime. Prices are very reasonable and they will deliver free to most parts of Chiang Mai. A lot of people will tell you they charge for delivery but different warehouses have been delivering to me over a three year period and non of them ever charge. It's 'the' place to go for choice and value.

Best thing to do is head for Lamphun where there are enough furniture warehouses with enough L shaped sofa's for anyones lifetime. Prices are very reasonable and they will deliver free to most parts of Chiang Mai. A lot of people will tell you they charge for delivery but different warehouses have been delivering to me over a three year period and non of them ever charge. It's 'the' place to go for choice and value.

Are you talking about 'Baan Maa' or in Lamphun centre?

Baan Whatever ! I've never noticed a village name around there but it's out of town not far off the main drag.

• 2 months later...

Baan Whatever ! I've never noticed a village name around there but it's out of town not far off the main drag.

I am also looking for a nice big L-shaped sofa, and have basically found the same ones as you. Big overpriced ones, and nice cheap small ones. Did you ever find a good place. I have been to Lamphun a couple years ago, but don't remember seeing nice soft sofas, although I wasn't in the market for one at the time. As you are heading South, its that village to the left just after the overpass at Tesco. Has anyone seen good quality reasonably-priced soft sofas there, or anywhere else?