Tabien Bahn (yellow Version)

Does anybody know if a Yellow house registration book can be used in place of a letter from immigration confirming your address when applying for a 5 year driving licence?

Cheers

Benaster1 :o

I obtained a 1 year driving licence with the tabien ban (yellow). No problem at all.

Another foreigner here obtained a 5 year driving licence with the tabien ban (yellow).

PS: It is a real advantage :D to use the tabien ban (yellow) outside the very big cities.

Does anybody know if a Yellow house registration book can be used in place of a letter from immigration confirming your address when applying for a 5 year driving licence?

Cheers

I obtained a 1 year driving licence with the tabien ban (yellow). No problem at all.

Another foreigner here obtained a 5 year driving licence with the tabien ban (yellow).

PS: It is a real advantage :D to use the tabien ban (yellow) outside the very big cities.

I'll head down there tomorrow and see what happens! If I can't use it I only live around the corner!!

Thanks for the help fellas

Beanster1

Cheers

And how does one set about getting a 'yellow' tabien baan?

I am on my second 'Thai Wife' visa extension, living here with Thai wife, in our own home. I am named on the blue tabien baan as father of my 20 year old daughter (who has dual nat. and Thai ID card also).

Where do I go? Amphur?

What do I take?

How long is the process?

Help much apreciated, for same reasons: five year driving licence acquisition imminent.

Cheers

Cheers

And how does one set about getting a 'yellow' tabien baan?

I am on my second 'Thai Wife' visa extension, living here with Thai wife, in our own home. I am named on the blue tabien baan as father of my 20 year old daughter (who has dual nat. and Thai ID card also).

Where do I go? Amphur?

What do I take?

How long is the process?

Help much apreciated, for same reasons: five year driving licence acquisition imminent.

Cheers

You are named on the blue tabien baan of your wife. This is sufficient and even better than a yellow tabien ban for driving licence renewal. Keep in mind your 1 year Thai driver licence must be expired to obtain a 5 year Thai driver licence.

I think it will be difficult to be registered twice at the same Amphur office. First in the blue tabien baan of your wife and then in a separate Falang tabien ban yellow.

You can try:

Take 2 witnesses along, the punjay ban of your Moo ban and the real owner of the house with tabien baan , 2 photos, Passport with 'Thai Wife' visa. Explain the Amphur office that a 'Thai Wife' visa is a longterm visa and you are here for 2 years. They will write down a history of you and this will all be signed by the punjay ban of your Moo ban and the real owner of the house.

Good luck

• 2 years later...

Got my yellow Tabien Baan today. Very simple process. Only took about 10 days to get it. Yes, you can use it to get your drivers license, as proof of residence. It's free, too, to get a yellow Tabien Baan from your local Amphurs office, but your embassy will charge you for the "Proof of Residence" Afitdavit, which you will have to bring, in order to get a YTB.

Some Amphur's offices ask for the POR to be translated into Thai first, but with me, they were nice enough to accept the English one.

Immigration in Chiang Mai told me, that they don't do "Proof of Residence" forms anymore and sent me to my local embassy. The Canadian Embassy charged me 1600 Baht :-( , which promted me to get my Yellow TB for future uses.

I also had to change my original 5 year Thai drivers license into the new Asian Drivers License (which is in English), before I could get my international license this time. Not expensive and the whole process for both took less than an hour in Chiang Mai.

The yellow Tabien Baan is written in Thai, with your name spelled in Thai and you get a Thai ID number as well in it.

• 4 months later...
Got my yellow Tabien Baan today. Very simple process. Only took about 10 days to get it. Yes, you can use it to get your drivers license, as proof of residence. It's free, too, to get a yellow Tabien Baan from your local Amphurs office, but your embassy will charge you for the "Proof of Residence" Afitdavit, which you will have to bring, in order to get a YTB.

Some Amphur's offices ask for the POR to be translated into Thai first, but with me, they were nice enough to accept the English one.

Immigration in Chiang Mai told me, that they don't do "Proof of Residence" forms anymore and sent me to my local embassy. The Canadian Embassy charged me 1600 Baht :-( , which promted me to get my Yellow TB for future uses.

I also had to change my original 5 year Thai drivers license into the new Asian Drivers License (which is in English), before I could get my international license this time. Not expensive and the whole process for both took less than an hour in Chiang Mai.

The yellow Tabien Baan is written in Thai, with your name spelled in Thai and you get a Thai ID number as well in it.

Hi, this is my first time in this forum so I hope I am posting correctly. I need proof of residence in Thailand for my company (plus all the usual) . I am working in the middle east. My wife is Thai and we live in Bangkok with our son. I was trying to get onto the blue book with no success which is why I am here.

I can see now that I need a yellow book, is it possible to have a yellow and blue book for the same address? If yes do I apply for the yellow book at the same government office as my wife changed her blue book when we moved?

Many thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to answer

David