Cel Phone Repair In Cm?

IanForbes

I know the Airport Plaza and the Pantip center have many shops where cel phones can be purchased, but who knows of a reliable shop that actually repairs them and knows what they are doing? There are literally hundreds of shops selling the phones, but nobody seems to know who fixes them.

I bought a fake Nokia C3 in Burma and after charging it and putting in a SIM card it doesn't seem to work. Yes, I know, stupid me for buying it and No need to remind me of it but that's just ancient history now. It was just a present for a gal who lost hers and I thought I might be able to help her. It turns on okay and initially worked when DTAC put in the SIM cards, but after giving it to the gal it wouldn't receive or send or send messages. Being a fake Nokia, I don't want to take it to the Nokia shop. They would just laugh at me... justifiably so. But, I see repaired cel phones all the time for sale and want to know who repairs them locally.

Geeze Ian, I would have hoped for some answers to your quiery, by now.

I would also like to know the answer. I have a couple that could be repaired and like you say , lots of shope around wanting to sell and do not want to repair.

Yes the cost is cheap for many models, but when you have a good one, I would like to have them repaired.

Lets keep hoping for some suggestions or answers.

G

Since no other replies have come in: The largest mobile phone vendor on the subterranean floor of KSK also do repairs. They successfully managed to repair a Sony Ericsson of mine (not turning on, broken screen) 1.5 years ago. I only have that one experience to go by, though.   I also know that at least one of the mobile phone shops in Airport Plaza does repairs, as my sister in law had her Nokia repaired there last year.   It's not much, but perhaps a start. If all else fails, on your next trip to Bangkok, try MBK.

Thanks for the few replies. I thought I would ask here BEFORE wasting time asking at one of the 3000 or 4000 cel phone vendors. it might be just a simple problem that only a Thai technician can fix. If it is more expensive than a 1000 baht then I'll just accept my losses as a lesson learned. I only paid 2000 baht new. Or, supposedly new.

I have had several phones repaired at the phone shop on the basement floor of KSK in the furthest corner on the right hand side (with your back to Huawy Kaew Rd). They are just by the stairs that go up to the souvenir/Lanna food area. The opposite corner to where the TT&T office is. They speak OK English, prices are fair in my opinion and they usually do the repair while you wait. They can fix both hardware and software issues with Nokias.