Ais 3G Chiang Mai Disconnects?

mikenxzz

Hi.

I have been using AIS 3g in Chiang Mai for about 6 months, Most of the time it has been great however over the last week or two it has been constantly disconnecting every few minutes.

Is anyone else having issues with this?

Are there any real alternatives up here?

Thanks

What happens when you roll-over to 2G (GPRS/EDGE)?

Signal strength shown is GSM, not 3G.

What are the nature of your disconnects? Are you dropping from 3G to 2G? Did everything work fine before? Are you in a different area? What does AIS/One-2-Call tell you? Maybe you should contact them as there may be an issue with your serving base-station (asumes you're not moving around).

I have no issues with One-2-Call 2G in Bangkok.

I am not sure how to force it to use 2g?

I have not moved and the device sits at my desk.

It does not technically disconnect buy every few minutes web pages and other services just stop working for about 30secs, then it comes back.

The AIS utility itself does not show it as being disconnected.

When doing a speed test type thing it shows my speed as around 1.5mb/s download with latency of about 500ms.

I am not sure dealing with someone at their call centre will help but I might have to give it a go

Thanks for helping out

mikenxzz

I to live in Chiang Mai and I'm on AIS 3G. I'm in Doi Saket about 20 KM out. I basically have no problem but do understand yours. Basically AIS has over solid their subscriptions. For help I suggest that to call 1175, they do speak English. If that does not work I suggest that you go to their main office on Tha Phae Road ( not a satellite office) and talk to them in person. Make sue that you take ALL of your kit with you. They can sort it out.