Licence Of Phuket Air Not To Be Revoked

george

Licence of Phuket Air not to be revoked

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Aviation will not revoke the licence of Phuket Air pending the result of an official investigation following Sunday's incident in which a passenger plane of the low-cost airline skidded off a runway at the Mae Sot Airport in Thailand's northwestern province of Tak.

Senior officials of the Department of Aviation told journalists on Monday that the private-run airline would be allowed to continue its business operation pending the result of the official investigation.

"It's unlikely that the Phuket Air's licence will be revoked, as the airline poses no concerns over its overall safety standard, but some technical problems whose causes are being probed," said the officials.

The Phuket Air's flight SR 36, flying from Bangkok, skidded off the Mae Sot Airpot's runway when it was landing Sunday morning.

Its 40 passengers and air crew were, however, all safe.

The Department of Aviation is conducting the official investigation on the cause of the incident.

The pilot and co-pilot of the aircraft were, nonetheless, suspended their operational service pending the investigation, according to the senior officials.

Temporary closure of the Mae Sot Airport would also be extended until September 15 to allow officials concerned to move the damaged aircraft out of the way and to check the runway safety, the officials disclosed.

--TNA 2005-09-12

I don't think I can possibly respond to this without saying something that will get me in legal trouble. For example, if I were to muse aloud that someone may be putting face, and influence before public safety, someone may call it slanderous, so I'll be quiet. :o

cv

In contrast, does anybody recall Orient Thai Airlines and their smallish domestic operation from about ten years ago? Remember how they basically got run out of town with allegations that they were unsafe? I don't recall a single incident to back up the claims. From what I do recollect, Orient Thai's cardinal sin was that they had shown the potential to provide some competition for THAI at a time when that was viewed as somewhat unpatriotic.

I don't think I can possibly respond to this without saying something that will get me in legal trouble. For example, if I were to muse aloud that someone may be putting face, and influence before public safety, someone may call it slanderous, so I'll be quiet.  :o

cv

Even without saying it, I think you are clear enough...

But why can't you say what you think? Aren't you free to express yourself?