Highway Code Book In English

pattaya_girl

You can also get some information Here.

The link will lead to Yorky's dissertation on Thai driving, which is a dandy little handbook for anyone contemplating driving in thailand. However, it is not the law. I have searched high and low, but have never been able to find an English translation of the actual code. If anybody knows of one, I would sure be happy to have it.

Without the actual code, it is impossible to be sure of the law in the face of such widespread rumor. For example, is it really against the law to drive in daylight with your headlights on? Ask any Thai and they will say it is. I have my doubts. What about driving in the right (fast) lane on a four lane highway? Before anybody jumps to say it is for passing only, can you give me a citation to the code?

I would really like to have the code.

Edited by TongueThaied

Maybe this will help: http://www.motorcycl...and_traffic_act

It's called the Land Traffic Act

I already have that Thank you, but it is dated This Article is part of the Thai Motorcycle Law

B.E. 2522 (1979)

32 years ago :whistling:

What about asking at the office where one has to pass exam for a drivers license?

If I remember correctly time before last I was given a booklet in English to study before going in to take the test.

Yermanee

p.s. or maybe a driving school which caters to farangs ?

Edited by yermanee