Extension Of Stay Based On Marriage

Ok, had my last entry stamp on my multi non o, good till 22 april 2011.

SO next week I'll be visiting immigration to start the 1 year extension procedure, I put the docs together :

- Copy of passport all entry/exit stamps + multi non o visa.

- bank book + letter of bank ( will update and get the letter 2 days priorof going to immi)

- marriage cert and kor ror 2 doc

- wife ID card + tabien barn

- pics of wife and I in front of house and in the house.

- application form and 2 passport sized pics.

AS far as I know this is what I need. Did I forget anything?

Thanks.

oh, didn't know that one, thanks.

Yep a map in case they want to pay you a visit. They usually do not.

The other year I took a Google Map I printed out and they refused it and asked for my Wife to draw one.

It was useless but they accepted it.

Passport Copies - 2 of

TM7 (app form) - 2 of

Bank Book & letter - 2 copies of

Marriage Cert & Kor Ror - 2 copies of

ID Card & House Book - 2 copies of

Pics of Happy Couple - 1 of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blink.gif

Passport copies 2 = check

TM7 app form 2 = will do that at location

bank book + letter 2 = will do that 2 days before going to location

marriage cert + kor ror = check

ID card and house book wife 2 = check

pics of happy couple = check

:)

The other year I took a Google Map I printed out and they refused it and asked for my Wife to draw one.

Ok, good to know, thanks.

The normal time for application is during the last 30 days of your permitted to stay so it should be later than next week to be sure they will accept.

And the most important factor is having the wife with you - nobody seems to have picked up on your not mentioning that.

Also be sure those passport photos are not the same as in your passport if it is more than six months old. They want new photos.

You obviously do not know the Thai secret code!

I've just received my first marriage extension @ Nakhon Ratchsima Immigration @ Dan Kwien Pottery village.

The didn't want the Kor Ror 2. The map I gave them was a google map which was accepted.

They only wanted 2 copies of the completed TM7 + photo and one copy of everything else.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Went to Chang Wattana last week for the marriage extension.

You MUST take the Mrs with you.

Documents already listed will be required. Make sure you sign all copies.

Photos requested were;

In front of house with number showing/ Sitting on sofa in living room/ Sitting on bed in bedroom/ Open wardrobe showing his and her clothes.

A picture of the happy couple on the job was not required.

A Google map was not accepted. But a map I had drawn, with the Mrs writing the directions in Thai, was....We have never been visited in the last 4 years.

Of possible interest to any Yanks reading this;

After looking at my Embassy letter, the friendly lady officer asked if I had my bank statements. I had. As I withdrew them from my folder. She smiled and said; 'Never mind.' Then went into conversation with the Mrs.

Turns out the Yanks don't need proof of income when applying for their Embassy letter. Whatever figure they put down, pops up on their letter.

From now on, proof of income will be required at Chang Wattans Imm.

Thanks for the info guys, why I was thinking going a bit earlier then the stated 30 days is because in April there's a week missing coz of Songkran?

Yes, the wife is going with me, got the pics showing the house number, us in bedroom and living room, don't have one of the closet though.

i brought

T.M 7 Form

My wife

My 3 kids

House letter 1 copy

My passport 1 copy

Wife Thai ID 1 copy

Marriage Certificate Thai and foreign 1 Copy each

1900 Baht Cash

1x Photo

Thats all i got 2 month extension

My story http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/442679-extention-of-stay-in-the-kingdom-of-thailand/

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

• 3 weeks later...

Handed in my application 2 weeks ago with above mentioned docs, they also needed somebody (Thai) to guarantee, kinda confirming that you are a good citizen :) .

Krabi has sent the application to Songhkla which is head office for the South. They'll call me when they get the approval to stamp my 1 year visa, should be any day now.

Open wardrobe showing his and her clothes.

Is this for follow up extensions, as I never had this requirement on my initial extension or is someone seriously taking the piss?

My wife and I are somewhat refined and prefer use separate his and hers wardrobes. Is my extended stay in Thai in jeopardy or should I get a new larger wardrobe THREE months before the next extension application is due?

Edited by Digitalbanana

Yes it has been requested but does not have to be three months early. :D

As long as photo appears to be the same bedroom should serve the purpose (to help prove you do indeed live together as husband and wife).

I would expect so as that would allow a change of status if visa exempt entry and time to have money in account two months prior to application for new extension of stay. But best to confirm with the office you use.

Lopburi, I am reading this thread because my visa is "used" and my last extension expires 4/16. Getting our marriage certificate has gone slowly, me waiting for stateside docs, etc. What with the holidays before expiration day, we've got a time crunch, to get my marriage visa in place. Is the TM.7 applicable in my case? If not, the only option I know of would be to go to Vientiane Thai Embassy for a new tourist visa......unless they would give me another ext. stamp.

Thanks. I have never exerienced so much bureaucratic entanglement in my life!

-Will

The thread is about one year extension of stay so the requirements are not the same as for a 60 day extension.

Edited by themuse1969