Agency That Can Help With Visa In Chiang Rai

mrkrabs

I got it in my home country before. Yeah, now since rules have changed again, I guess only a tourist visa or edu visa would be possible. My home country is Germany by the way.

Currently we are in Chiang Rai, but in 3 weeks will head back to Koh Phangan.

At now we just passed the Myanmar border the other day, since our visa ran out a week ago.

I got it in my home country before. Yeah, now since rules have changed again, I guess only a tourist visa or edu visa would be possible. My home country is Germany by the way.

Currently we are in Chiang Rai, but in 3 weeks will head back to Koh Phangan.

At now we just passed the Myanmar border the other day, since our visa ran out a week ago.

If your visa expired 1 week ago you will have to pay 500 bht per day for the overstay , total 3500 bht . I would take a guess that you are under 50 years old . The best option for you would either be to go to Vientiane in Laos and get a double entry tourist visa, which Is still free at the moment or travel to Penang and possibly get the same there but as far as I know they dont like issuing double entries only single entry tourist visa's. Education visa's can be obtained , try the Walen school , its advertised on Thai visa . Any other questions maybe go to the main visa information page :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

Good Luck

Visas are handled at the immigration office at Mae Sai.

Thanks for the worthless comment man!

Had a non immigrant o before.

Worthless comments for worthless problems.

I'm not the one running around without a visa.

Where do you think you're going to get a visa? 7/11?

Edited by sceadugenga

If you crossed into Myanmar at Mai Sai you probably need to leave the country to get another visa.

You effectivelycancelled your non immigrant O visa and replaced it with a transit (or bridging) visa.

I had a nonimmO visa that expired in Dec. I was in the process of trying to get it extended and since I was in Mae Sai visiting the immigration office I thought I'd go and see Tachilek in Myanmar.

The lady at the Thai checkpoint said that since my visa had only 7 days left, if I crossed the boarder I'd get 15 more days. She neglected to tell me that it would completely cancel my nonimm O and prevent me from getting an extension.

When Iwent back to the immigration office a few days later they said that crossing into Myanmar cancelled my non imm O visa and they couldn't extend it now!

I ended up having to go to Penang for another non-imm O.

Wasn't too bad as I was going down south for new year anyway, but a hassle non the less.

Rich

Visas are handled at the immigration office at Mae Sai.

Thanks for the worthless comment man!

Had a non immigrant o before.

Worthless comments for worthless problems.

I'm not the one running around without a visa.

Where do you think you're going to get a visa? 7/11?

A visa at 7/11...What will immigration thank of next.:whistling::lol:

I had a nonimmO visa that expired in Dec. I was in the process of trying to get it extended and since I was in Mae Sai visiting the immigration office I thought I'd go and see Tachilek in Myanmar.

The lady at the Thai checkpoint said that since my visa had only 7 days left, if I crossed the boarder I'd get 15 more days. She neglected to tell me that it would completely cancel my nonimm O and prevent me from getting an extension.

I think that could be an error (unless it is a recent change).

When you returned to Thailand from Myanmar you had a valid non O visa (even though it was only 7 days) and should have been stamped 3 months not 15 days.

I had a similar thing happen last year and got the usual 3 months.

I think that could be an error (unless it is a recent change).

When you returned to Thailand from Myanmar you had a valid non O visa (even though it was only 7 days) and should have been stamped 3 months not 15 days.

I had a similar thing happen last year and got the usual 3 months.

Correct , if you have a one year non "O" multiple entry you will get an additional 90 days if you exit before the visa expires. If you leave on a normal visa you will only get 15 days on re-entry and the visa will be void from that day of exit.