webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Russians caught frolicking on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- There is no doubt our Russian friends here in Pattaya know how to have a good time, however sometimes their fun can go a bit too far as demonstrated in this story from Pattaya Beach only 50 meters away from Pattaya Police Station. Members of the public spotted a couple, presumed Russian, cavorting in the water.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-03-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Again!! Again and Again. Russians welcome to Thailand. You fit totally being QUALITY TOURISTS......:jap:

without Russians in Thailand you can say good bye to many hotels , restaurants , tours etc .... they might be low class and have little manners or anything else but they spend money and much more than many other nationalities .. Next time they will go back to their room .. lol :rolleyes:

The surge in Russian tourists is quite recent, maybe the last 4 years. The vast majority go to Pattaya and stay at a handful of bigger resorts that cater to them and some smaller ones up around Pratamnak hill. The nicer areas like most of Phuket, Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Samet and Chaing Mai would hardly notice a difference. They tend to spend most of their money at the resorts where they stay and on some trinkets. Those resorts might suffer but they are quite few in number and honestly, not a place where most of us would stay anyhow just as you wouldn't probably stay in the hotels that cater to the bussed in Chinese and Korean tourist groups.

I think even their main destination of Pattaya would do just fine without them. Those hotels would simply find another nationality to target and yes, maybe a few would go out of business but it's not like anyone would notice if Pattaya lost a few hotels and restaurants. If anything, Pattaya needs to slow down on their rampant development. They don't have the infrastructure to support a dozen big hotels and another dozen big condo projects each year and they won't anytime soon.

The only reason the Russian numbers are increasing is because of the weak dollar, euro and pound. The Russian economy wasn't hit much by the global credit crunch and the rubble has gotten fairly strong in the past 2 years. It's not just Thailand, they're all over places like Jamaica as well. The tourism industry is targeting them directly. Also, lots of Russians are looking for ways to get their income out of Russia and Thailand doesn't ask many questions when it comes to bringing in money. It's one reason why the Russians have become the top buyers of condos in Patts (although the vast majority are cheap properties).

Once the western currencies jump back up and oil prices dip back down a bit, the rubble will weaken and you'll see less of these clowns in Thailand.I'm honestly surprised that the Thai mafia has let the Russians and Nigerians get a foot hold in the country. Guess they think they can just milk them for money then dispatch them whenever they please. Unfortunately once you've let in a large number of them and they've brought their lovely organized crime groups, it's like trying to dig out a tick.

I for one would prefer to see a "Russian" couple naked or otherwise,rather than the normal DROSS along Pattaya beach, 50 year old hookers, 70 year old pot bellied white guys and tatooed toothless euros!...Odd thing , I have met many russian people both here and abroad and I have NEVER met a rude, loud or obniquious one, can't say the same about any other nationality..

In that example I would agree with you. But you're missing the point... The Russians have proven that they've got a very strong notion that they can do ANYTHING they want in Thailand and there are no consequences. They come from a lawless and corrupt country yet even there they wouldn't do half the things they do when on holiday in Patts. Let them get away with having sex on public beaches with a tiny slap on the wrist and it just reinforces their belief that they can get away with anything. For most of us westerners getting away with anything would be walking drunk down the street with a few bargirls on our arm or maybe popping a few naughty pills. For many of these mid 20s, mid 30s Russians who fancy themselves as some sort of gangster and spending their ill gotten money while on holiday, that's probably having someone killed over a spilt beer or something. Believe me, give them an inch...

anyone that screws in a pool that others use is no better than a Soi dog

and if you have to tell anyone about it on a forum - it didnt happen!!

The Russians have a club like the mile high club. You only get to join if you get charged and it hits the newspapers.

1000 baht is the entry price and we'll see a lot more of it

''anyone that screws in a pool that others use is no better than a Soi dog''

what if its your own pool?

also in my view even soi dogs are better than most people so please do not insult dogs in general.........

anyone that screws in a pool that others use is no better than a Soi dog

and if you have to tell anyone about it on a forum - it didnt happen!!

The Russians have a club like the mile high club. You only get to join if you get charged and it hits the newspapers.

1000 baht is the entry price and we'll see a lot more of it

''anyone that screws in a pool that others use is no better than a Soi dog''

what if its your own pool?

also in my view even soi dogs are better than most people so please do not insult dogs in general.........

Agree about the soi dogs, give them a few tit bits and you have a real friend, and for life, they dont want your visa. The only problem is they don't lay eggs, and you cannot feed them up and sell for a good price like the buffalo. They guard your home and get kicked by the kids, fed fish bones and old rice if they are the lucky ones. If they are having sex on the beach in central Pattaya, they would be stoned and hit with sticks-- the Russians should have had the same treatment, not as some sicko's on forum thought it was (cool) to do.

Quality tourists...:lol:. Pattaya is a sleeze dump. Then there was someone smoking weed in public, then there were scam gangs, girly bars.. Maybe we should just group up separate zones in Thailand for the different classes of tourists. Pattaya is obviously for the scums.

Can't say I totally disagree