Us Military International Direct Deposite

You should not be paying any extra for ATM use at another Thai bank as long as it is in the same area and a member of the "ATM Pool". I used to be charged after using another bank three times in the same month but have not had that happen for years now. I do this with my BBL card at lease once or twice a month. Unless upcountry rules are different than Bangkok.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if that would work way up here in Phayao. The Bangkok Bank I opened my account with is on Silom Road. If it does work, that would be great.

20 baht ATM fees adds up. For 50 baht I can get 2 bowls of noodles and a coke for me and my wife. :o

That is the problem. You need to have account in the area you live to avoid charges. I would open a new account at the local branch as it is no problem getting money into the account as the first 3 digits is the bank location. But if you can get 25,000 out each time that 20 baht is loose change but I suspect the ATM up there can probably only provide 500 baht notes so that would be 12,500 max. But you don't have the temptations (material) that we face in Bangkok so that expense should be a wash. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I read with interest the earlier post about using HVC insurance. I am a US military retiree and wondering what is the current status of HVC in Thailand? I read that it has been cancelled and that the program is under evaluation. I also heard that it was riddled with corruption...multiple claims being submitted etc. Anybody have any up-to-date info?

I'd also be interested in learning more about BUPA insurance if anyone knows about this.

• 2 weeks later...
I read with interest the earlier post about using HVC insurance.  I am a US military retiree and wondering what is the current status of HVC in Thailand?  I read that it has been cancelled and that the program is under evaluation.  I also heard that it was riddled with corruption...multiple claims being submitted etc.  Anybody have any up-to-date info?

I'd also be interested in learning more about BUPA insurance if anyone knows about this.

Skyman,

If HVC insurance was the insurance associated with Tricare in Thailand then yes, they are out. I think they went bankrupt. From what I heard, there is no Tricare Standard healthcare provider in Thailand.

If anyone knows if this is not true, please post the correct infomation.

I read with interest the earlier post about using HVC insurance.  I am a US military retiree and wondering what is the current status of HVC in Thailand?  I read that it has been cancelled and that the program is under evaluation.  I also heard that it was riddled with corruption...multiple claims being submitted etc.  Anybody have any up-to-date info?

Skyman,

If HVC insurance was the insurance associated with Tricare in Thailand then yes, they are out. I think they went bankrupt. From what I heard, there is no Tricare Standard healthcare provider in Thailand.

OK, Richard; thanks. It confirms what I have heard thru the grapevine. I understand that HVC is still trying to get itself reinstated in Thailand.

Skyman,

Hi,

I've lived in Pattaya the past 3 years and have filed over 12 claims with TRICARE STANDARD and all were paid. I use the BANGKOK PATTAYA HOSPITAL here in Pattaya with no problems.

Skyman,

Hi,

I've lived in Pattaya the past 3 years and have filed over 12 claims with TRICARE STANDARD and all were paid. I use the BANGKOK PATTAYA HOSPITAL here in Pattaya with no problems.

Thanks for your post; can you tell me the procedures that you used to file your claims (what form, to whom sent, waiting time to get reimbursed)? Appreciate your help.

Skyman,

Hi,

Thanks for your post; can you tell me the procedures that you used to file your claims (what form, to whom sent, waiting time to get reimbursed)? Appreciate your help.

Hi Skyman,

You need to go to the TRICARE website (http://tricare.osd.mil/mhshome.aspx) and it

has all the info you need, but I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

First, download DD Form 2642 to your computer. Make sure you have Acobat Reader 6.0 or above. You can input most of the required data on the downloaded form and print for mailing to TRICARE. You then would mail this form with attached documents (hospital bill, any thing from hospital or doctor describing treatment, and proof of payment) to the following address:

WPS

TRICARE STANDARD CLAIM

P O BOX 7985

MADISON WI 53707-7985

My claims are usually paid in about 30 days. I hope this helps.

Greg

Skyman,

Hi,

Hi Skyman,

You need to go to the TRICARE website (http://tricare.osd.mil/mhshome.aspx) and it

First, download DD Form 2642 to your computer. Make sure you have Acobat Reader 6.0 or above. You can input most of the required data on the downloaded form and print for mailing to TRICARE. You then would mail this form with attached documents (hospital bill, any thing from hospital or doctor describing treatment, and proof of payment) to the following address:

WPS

TRICARE STANDARD CLAIM

P O BOX 7985

MADISON WI 53707-7985

Greg

Greg, this helps a bunch....thanks!

Skyman,

Hi,

Hi Skyman,

WPS

TRICARE STANDARD CLAIM

P O BOX 7985

MADISON WI 53707-7985

Greg

Greg, this helps a bunch....thanks!

worthy of a repeat posting and a repeat THANKS!...

:o

I just read something on the internet about tricare standard.

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,82291,00.html

http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...4,82347,00.html

It seems in 2006, you have enrollment fees to be in Tricare Standard. 

Also, the deductable will rise.

Anyone else heard about this?

Richard, I have seen some references in the media, but nothing concrete on the OSD Tricare website. The increases reported by Mr. Philpott don't seem to be too unreasonable though, and they are phasing them in over time, making them more palatable for most of us. I guess it's better than having no health care over here for we retirees. :o

I just read something on the internet about tricare standard.

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,82291,00.html

http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...4,82347,00.html

It seems in 2006, you have enrollment fees to be in Tricare Standard. 

Also, the deductable will rise.

Anyone else heard about this?

The Air Force Retiree Newsletter states that DOD is proposing increasing cost sharing to retirees under 65. The proposal would establish a Tricare Standard fee of $300/$600 for officers and $200/$400 for enlisted by 2008. The proposal also recommends an increase in the Tricare Standard annual deductible to $300/$600 for officers and $200/$400 for enlisted by 2008 from $150/$300 for all.