130 M16s, Other Guns Stolen From Thai Army Depot

webfact

Think you must understand ANYTHING is money in LOS. Whether police, army personnel, what ever, if can make money, then so be it. Corruption in this nation has no bounds, No law, only how can make money. It is so obvious but the high ranks are in on the money making. Sooner the government start to REALLY work and eliminate the hi-so army and police corruption the better.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This happened last year also, the reds were blamed, people panicked, SoE etc, used by the government to discredit the reds, then is was discovered the soldiers had been selling the weapon in the South.

pathetic, alsong with the posters on here that believe these things

'believe these things'? You probably refer to the government having used the army to move weapons to 'supporters' who will and have been killing red-shirts? Like described in the Robert A. report? Pathetic indeed those who believe that :ermm:

Clearly I mean the Government accusing the reds with no evidence whatsoever, and then not even retracting that when it was found to be the soldiers themselves selling the weapons to southern insurgents, but some people tend to go overboard at the slightest thing, such as the dog shit, red shirts are all dirty bastards etc, and then when it was discovered to be nothing to do with them these people didn't admit mistake, as I say, pathetic, maybe you fall into that camp and that is why you are trying to divert blame other than where it lies, with the army and with the government.

This happened last year also, the reds were blamed, people panicked, SoE etc, used by the government to discredit the reds, then is was discovered the soldiers had been selling the weapon in the South.

'believe these things'? You probably refer to the government having used the army to move weapons to 'supporters' who will and have been killing red-shirts? Like described in the Robert A. report? Pathetic indeed those who believe that :ermm:

Clearly I mean the Government accusing the reds with no evidence whatsoever, and then not even retracting that when it was found to be the soldiers themselves selling the weapons to southern insurgents, but some people tend to go overboard at the slightest thing, such as the dog shit, red shirts are all dirty bastards etc, and then when it was discovered to be nothing to do with them these people didn't admit mistake, as I say, pathetic, maybe you fall into that camp and that is why you are trying to divert blame other than where it lies, with the army and with the government.

Divert blame? Clearly in this case the Army in general is to blame. Their weapons got stolen. The commander of the camp is to be blamed more directly, it's his camp. Direct change: improve guarding system and procedure and change the personel involved till now. Investigate and try to recover the stolen weapons. In general set up a commission to study this and previous thefts and come with recommendations how to improve and prevent. Unfortunately part of it will be a change of mentality in Thai people. Takes a while. Took a while in other countries also, I just watched some episodes of the 'Sharpe, rifleman' series :ermm:

Edited by rubl

I've just been offered an aircraft carrier, virtually unused the man said. Would this be a kosher deal? What do peeps think is a fair price? I'm hoping to sell on to a prospect based in Dubai but delivery is to be taken in Montenegro.

Are these the type of M16s which, when used, leave bullet holes which look like they come from AK47s?

As for mortars, that really would liven up the next street protests, wouldn't it?

Not enough leadership and command. Need to hire a few more Generals.

Generals---Ha Ha-555555555555 they are not around, loads are running scams and the rest, why would they need over 2000 ???--a comparable army would have less than 200, Population 50 mil here ===England 50 mil-???-----most of them are running the government,,or big business. near all are Chinese Thai, K. Tak style....................maybe the arsenal locks are the GO ones you buy at the airport for luggage........................

I was in the U.S. Army for 20 years and never saw weapons stolen. It's easier to get into a bank than the weapons room on a U.S. military base.

You forget that little incident in San Diego where a TANK was stolen and went on a rampage in the city? :lol:

The guy drove to a National Guard Armory and the gate was unguarded and unlocked, he went in and drove off with a tank and started crushing vehicles, and was only stopped when he got stuck on a highway divider.

2090567160103947755S500x500Q85.jpg

How the hell can the weapons go missing, surely they have an Armoury?

this happens here all the time - they usually sell them and make it look like they where stolen - greed has no boundaries in this country.

Nobody is ever held accountable in the armed forces here - so they do whatever they want - they are corrupt to the core and get away with murder as seen so many times in the past. Their leadership is so entangled in politics, corruption and business that they have really lost any right to be called "professional" armed forces. They are a private army run by -and belonging to - the elite who own and control this country and want to keep it that way.

The standard defense will now apply - the top brass and politicians promising an inquiry - dragging it out for a month or so - by the time it will be forgotten like everything else.

Oh Bother!!!!!!

I was planning on doing some sight seeing with my son in BKK around songkran. Last time we were there a bunch of people got shot just after we left town, I was going to try and finish the tour.

Seriously - I wouldn't make any plans to be in Bangkok as Songkran for the foreseeable future, not unless you have to be there.

and they want to build a Nuclear Power Plant.:wacko:

The Isaan Farmers group, an extremist splinter group, of the red shirt movement are believed to be behind the disappearance of a number of uranium rods. When pressed on the issue Abhisit replied " We have to believe they have ill intentions and a 'dirty bomb' is possible. Our intelligence shows they have the tecnology down on the farm to make this a real threat"

Don't worry, they will never get past the police road blocks with it......................................................unless they have plenty of tea money with them. :D

If the Thai military can't even secure a personal weapons how on gods earth will they ever protect the country?

Well, they were practising on the redshirt protesters. And it seems that they have frightened the hell out of the Cambodians. :lol: :lol:

I was in the U.S. Army for 20 years and never saw weapons stolen. It's easier to get into a bank than the weapons room on a U.S. military base.

Yeah but this is Thailand - and the army then had to make a 'complaint' to the Police ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

You forget that little incident in San Diego where a TANK was stolen and went on a rampage in the city? :lol:

The guy drove to a National Guard Armory and the gate was unguarded and unlocked, he went in and drove off with a tank and started crushing vehicles, and was only stopped when he got stuck on a highway divider.

2090567160103947755S500x500Q85.jpg

Yes but not any M-16 were stollen, right? :D

Divert blame? Clearly in this case the Army in general is to blame. Their weapons got stolen. The commander of the camp is to be blamed more directly, it's his camp. Direct change: improve guarding system and procedure and change the personel involved till now. Investigate and try to recover the stolen weapons. In general set up a commission to study this and previous thefts and come with recommendations how to improve and prevent. Unfortunately part of it will be a change of mentality in Thai people. Takes a while. Took a while in other countries also, I just watched some episodes of the 'Sharpe, rifleman' series :ermm:

Sharp ! by Bernard Cornwell....................a fantastic series, i have read them all. Books you just cannot put down !

There are some very weird things about this story (from a non-Thai perspective)

1. The sergeant-major who apparently stole the weapons and therefore who had privileged access to the weapons "was known to be involved in illegal arms trading", according to a 'major newspaper'

2. The amount of weaponry stolen -- hatfuls of RPGs, machine guns, grenade launchers, assault rifles, and scads of ammunition. Lucky he didn't get away with a tank or two, or some howitzers.

3. This arms haul is taken from an army base, and the base commander files a complaint with the local police.

Accountability - zero. Responsibility - zero.

No. :lol:

But there was a case in Afghanistan of hundreds of AK-47s stolen from a US weapons bunker by a Blackwater employee, who checked them out using the name Eric Cartman (from South Park). The US military officer on duty at the time was a friend of a Blackwater employee. Hundreds of the guns were never recovered and have disappeared.

Edited by DP25

Yeah but this is Thailand - and the army then had to make a 'complaint' to the Police ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

Who probably took them in the first place....

The Isaan Farmers group, an extremist splinter group, of the red shirt movement are believed to be behind the disappearance of a number of uranium rods. When pressed on the issue Abhisit replied " We have to believe they have ill intentions and a 'dirty bomb' is possible. Our intelligence shows they have the tecnology down on the farm to make this a real threat"

Madness, pure madness if PM of any country stat this crap and nothing happens after that. No one in jail, no any crack down on those farms, even PM siad"Our intelligence shows they have the technology down on the farm to make this a real threat"...

Maybe i missed some news that some one was arrested about having this?

Otherwise i have no way than to think someone is spreading fear, making enemies inside and outside of country like some fascists do in history of human kind. Unbelievable statement of PM.

Is this his statement true?

But there was a case in Afghanistan of hundreds of AK-47s stolen from a US weapons bunker by a Blackwater employee, who checked them out using the name Eric Cartman (from South Park). The US military officer on duty at the time was a friend of a Blackwater employee. Hundreds of the guns were never recovered and have disappeared.

No, no, you didn't read/watch right medias. It is impossible to happens to US Army. There are so many security and intelligence agencies, many cia-bia-dia-mia-pia etc. So how come? You really should to watch only right tv channels so you would know that can't happens to them there. As they don't sleep drunk on duty shift as Thai Army, right?

:D

So, US troops have AK-47 but Thai Army don't have it? That's what the expert said about killed Japanese reporter. How strange. :D

But there was a case in Afghanistan of hundreds of AK-47s stolen from a US weapons bunker by a Blackwater employee, who checked them out using the name Eric Cartman (from South Park).

Obviously if anybody at the bunker had questioned the Blackwater employee he would have simply said " RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!"

I bet they used that new intiative also of reporting it at the local 7/11. "The Royal Thai Police have joined hands with 7-Eleven to roll out a program in which tourists can report emergency incidents to Police via participating 7-Eleven branches.":D

Madness, pure madness if PM of any country stat this crap and nothing happens after that. No one in jail, no any crack down on those farms, even PM siad"Our intelligence shows they have the technology down on the farm to make this a real threat"...

Maybe i missed some news that some one was arrested about having this?

Otherwise i have no way than to think someone is spreading fear, making enemies inside and outside of country like some fascists do in history of human kind. Unbelievable statement of PM.

Is this his statement true?

Only hyperbole, Thailand is only 'talking' about a Nuclear Plant. It will take ages before the first rod of nuclear fuel needs to be shipped. For now those IFG are radiation free ;)