Beautiful Sunday Morning

gotlost

I can still see the mountains around me out hear in Doi Saket. This time last year I could not see my hand in front of my face for all the smoke.

They are now burning leaves all along the highway between Pai and Mae Hong Son and beyond. The sky is SLOWLY turning smoky. :(

But, it's certainly FAR better than last year at this time. And, I can't remember the last time I saw an appreciable amount of rain. I've only seen a couple of light sprinkles in the past 4 months.

I have no connection with the company but for those that may want to try...

www.balloonadventurethailand.com

Did you noticed their prices? 8800 for 1 hour flight :whistling:

Probably OK if there was a bunch of people, if you wanted a solo flight you'd probably best to use the microlight company around the corner.

The microlight company around the corner is no longer there. There is a new one about 4.5 km north of the 118 at the Cosmo Gas station.

They just landed in my front yard and gave me champagne :D

post-91169-0-55316400-1299375127_thumb.j post-91169-0-48927000-1299375158_thumb.j

I reckon that the guy who painted it that rainbow design had also had a few glasses ! :burp:

If it stays this way I'm getting very worried that next year on this forum we will miss out on much of the pre-hot season moaning build-up. :(

I blame the unseasonal high-humidity & recent pitiful-showers, for having cleaned the air somewhat, also the Thai farmers used-up too many tires in Bangkok & therefore can't get the usual quality of hot-season smoke, so it's clearly all the government's fault, them and the United-Nations, and did you see the price of oil in Rimping, it's a disgrace, what about the workers, I blame the unions ... :ermm::wacko::blink:

Nope, my own moaning-function seems to be operating at full-strength, as normal ! B)

I have no connection with the company but for those that may want to try...

www.balloonadventurethailand.com

Did you noticed their prices? 8800 for 1 hour flight :whistling:

Probably OK if there was a bunch of people, if you wanted a solo flight you'd probably best to use the microlight company around the corner.

The microlight company around the corner is no longer there. There is a new one about 4.5 km north of the 118 at the Cosmo Gas station.

Gotlost, the Ballon Adventure and Sky Adventure (Microlights)share the same field. I was quoted 2000+/- Baht for the 15 minute introductory microlight flight. My two eldest children took the flight, the youngest wanted to, but wasn't tall enough.....talk about a pissed off kid! :(

Thanks DB for the info. The location of their airfield GPS 18.881437, 99.092131 . The old airfield was out here in Doi Saket and closed

out about 2 years ago and they had to move. Glade to see them back in operation. I took the Ultralight flight back in 04. The hot air balloon

was out over my house and area until 5:30 this evening. No idea how many flights but they are doing business.