Aussie Miss Thailand

Old Croc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supprisingly your not the first person to tell me that Doc, the local feline population often tell me I have a sweet mouth  :D

Felines are cats Joey ( the furry 4 legged one's ) Do you mean Females per chance ? :o

...maybe he just didn't want to use the slang expression "pussy"... :D

Re the surname, I was just wondering if perhaps the McCline name was simply the result of an inaccurate report, where the transliteration from English to Thai and back to English (thinking it was a Thai reporter) was supposed to be Angela McKay, but came out McCline...just thinking about how it sounds.

SriRacha John's transliteration of the Thai to English indicates that his quote might have come from a different source, as it quite obviously does say Angela McKay in Thai.

:D

Edited by Greer

My wife just told me that she decided to throw her miss thailand's crown away. :D

She was on t.v doing interview thingy few minutes ago. :o

Is there anyone knows about this? :D  :D

Yep.... She QUIT after 10 DAYS.... she must have been reading this thread too much... :D

Miss Thailand World steps down

Published on Sep 20 , 2005

Miss Thailand World Angela McKay has stepped down as the beauty queen, saying she wants to focus on her study.

Angela held a press conference with the organiser of the Miss Thailand World contest, BEC Tero, today (Tuesday) to announce her decision to step down.

Angela won the beauty queen title on September 10.

The first runner-up, Sirinya Jensen, replaced Angela as Miss Thailand World.

My wife just told me that she decided to throw her miss thailand's crown away. :D

She was on t.v doing interview thingy few minutes ago. :D

Is there anyone knows about this? :D  :D

Yep.... She QUIT after 10 DAYS.... she must have been reading this thread too much... :D

Published on Sep 20 , 2005

Miss Thailand World Angela McKay has stepped down as the beauty queen, saying she wants to focus on her study.

Angela held a press conference with the organiser of the Miss Thailand World contest, BEC Tero, today (Tuesday) to announce her decision to step down.

Angela won the beauty queen title on September 10.

The first runner-up, Sirinya Jensen, replaced Angela as Miss Thailand World.

Is she a student? :D or was she? :o

It sound's like she can read and write. :D

well, the turtle teenage ninja has to go to Miss World contest instead Angie ... :o

1st Runner Up...Cindy-Sirinda Jansen

R0578_3_img5_5948.jpg

Her name is Cindy, 21 year old. She is Thai - Dennish, finished University Degree from Kopenheken Business College and preparing for Master Degree. Since she was a kid, she'd growed in two cultures. Her Dennish daddy works for airline company and her Thai mom from Ayuthaya, works for recruitment company in Denmark.

She can speak 4 languages; Thai, English, Dennish and French. When she was 17, she won the title of Miss Teen Denmark 2001 and Latin Dancing Championship as well.

LEFT

R0578_3_img9_0237.jpg

Further dribble drabble explanations... She is STILL Miss Thailand, but not REALLY Miss Thailand... She HAS the title, but IN A WAY, she doesn't...

What kinda crap are these BEC-Tero organizers and her trying to say?:

She quit to further her studies in Australia...

She quit because she's preoccupied with her modeling career in New York...

She quit because she keeps keep getting asked questions in Thai during media interviews... :o

She didn't really quit, because she CAN'T??? :D

She quit because she entered on a lark...and didn't think that if she won, she would actually have to do anything... :D

She quit because the Miss Thailand contest contract that she signed was in Thai...and didn't want to seem illiterate.

She quit because the "work was too heavy" which can be interpreted in a hundred different tawdry ways... hahahaha.. :D

Miss Thailand World Angela McKay stepped down as the beauty queen today, saying she is preoccupied with her modeling contract in New York.

But Brian Lindsay Marcar, managing-director of BEC-Tero, the organiser of the beauty contest, said Angela was still regarded as Miss Thailand World.

Angela and Marcar held a press conference at Channel 3 to announce her decision to step down.

Marcar said the first runner-up, Sirinda Jensen, would become acting Miss Thailand World and participate in the upcoming Miss World contest.

“Angie has to continue her study so we have to send Cindy [sirinya] to participate in Miss World Contest,” Marcar said.

We will not give the title of Miss Thailand World to anyone because the title belongs to her ... The panel of judges has made up a decision and I have no right to overrule the judges’ decision. Neither Angie has the right to forego the title.”

While Marcar said study was Angela’s main decision to step down, Angela herself said she could not cancel her contract with a modeling agency in New York.

Angela said she entered the September 10 Miss Thailand contest just for fun and did not expect that she would win the title.

She said she did not know Thai language and did not understand the contract of the beauty contest.

Angela said she found out during her 10 days of working as Miss Thailand World that the work was too heavy for her.

Good ol aussie gal sticks it up the establishment lol, but first she shows them she can win it, way to go onya baby.

sorry, but in light of the previous post, I don't think it makes her look like a "good ol aussie gal" at all.. quite the opposite actually. I think she comes off looking in a more negative way than even before..

oops... sorry, just noticed you were banned.. that was quick. Guess I won't be hearing a reply.

Edited by sriracha john

Good ol aussie gal sticks it up the establishment lol, but first she shows them she can win it, way to go onya baby.

Quite the opposite really.

She had to step down because:

1. She can't represent Thailand, she knows nothing about Thailand, can't speak the language, doesn't know anything about Thai culture.

2. She posted nud_e photographs in the past.

Amazingly, Sydney news said that she had to quit because she was homesick and wanted to go home!

What's the real reason then?

:o

1. She can't represent Thailand, she knows nothing about Thailand, can't speak the language, doesn't know anything about Thai culture.

Amazingly, Sydney news said that she had to quit because she was homesick and wanted to go home!

one might conclude it's due to your #2 above. Do you have evidence of that??

I heard a rumour that she quit because the thought of having make a visa run to Poipet every thirty-days to facilitate her one-year stay in Thailand had her in tears. :D

I know what you're up to.

No, I don't have evidence of that but someone from another forum offers her pics in bigini.

I know what you're up to.

No, I don't have evidence of that but someone from another forum offers her pics in bigini.

ok...No problem, you were just speculating... I guess it just sounded more definitive from your post.

"bigini" is certainly the norm for beauty pagaents or models.

sorry, but in light of the previous post, I don't think it makes her look like a "good ol aussie gal" at all.. quite the opposite actually. I think she comes off looking in a more negative way than even before..

oops... sorry, just noticed you were banned.. that was quick. Guess I won't be hearing a reply.

He had a range of nicks and took his leave :o

Scandal of some sorts - most likely explanation!

I'd help her out in the nocturnal sports area ... old scandal or not :D

Somehow I think the line for that privilege would be a lengthy one...

as long as it is orderly  :D

Breaking news from the Bangkok Herald Examiner:

missthailandcrowd.jpg

A large crowd of men all vying for the opportunity to participate in some nocturnal sports with the newly resigned Miss Thailand turned violent last night when several men were tossed into a fire in an effort by the others to thin out the line and increase their chances of winning.

Update

The truth revealed.... it was the lack of serious money that made her quit

BEC-Tero told me to lie: ex-beauty queen

Published on Sep 27 , 2005

Angela McKay, Miss Thailand World 2005 who quit her title after ten days, alleged today that the press conference of her resignation last Tuesday was a setup by the pageant organiser BEC-Tero.

"I was advised by BEC-Tero to tell the press that I stepped down because I wanted to further my studies", claimed Angela a half Thai half Australian beauty, at the press conference through Saitrong Bantueng, an entertainment TV programme.

"I wouldn't like to lie anymore that I had anything else such as education that made me want more than Miss Thailand World".

With rumours about her nud_e pictures were the reasons of her leave, Angela denied and said that BEC-Tero had seen her pictures. They were no secret and she carried them in her modelling portfolio anywhere she went.

Angela said one of the reasons she walked out from the title is because BEC-Tero wouldn't provide her financial support.

Apart from the Bt1 million cash, she wasn't not getting paid with a salary. There was no housing provided. She requested to be paid Bt150,000 per month and a lodging with gym facilities but BEC-Tero didn't respond.