Aussie Miss Thailand

Old Croc

hmmmm....and YET another version of the story:

Miss Thailand World resigned because of provocative photos

2005-09-27

Seeking to end to lurid speculation about why she resigned as Miss Thailand World, 21-year-old Angela McKay said Tuesday that contest organizers had pressured her to step down due to provocative photos taken for her modeling portfolio before the competition.

McKay, raised in Australia by her Australian father and Thai-born mother, previously said she was giving up her crown because she hadn't realized how much time she would be expected to commit to the role.

But as she announced her resignation last week, after holding the title for just 10 days, speculation was already rife that some hidden scandal lay behind her decision.

In the past few days, several Thai newspapers have published nud_e photos, purportedly of her. Copies circulated widely on the Internet.

Speaking at a news conference Tuesday, McKay indicated the nud_e photos were not of her, but acknowledged that she had posed for photos in tight outfits, according to the AP.

She said the Thai pageant organizer, BEC-TERO Entertainment PLC., had suggested she step down, and indicated that a disagreement over money had played a part.

"They advised me that my pictures that I had taken previously to entering were too rude and were unfit for somebody to be Miss Thailand World, so they asked me to resign," she said.

-----------------------------

I would just add that all the subsequent photos I've seen of her and NONE of them were nud_e (except for some obvious fakes of her...sheesh, really bad Photoshop jobs)... her real photos are provocative... but certainly NOT nud_e.

But as this is the 1950's... :o:D they were far too racy for her to be Miss Thailand with those provocative photos.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

The truth revealed.... it was the lack of serious money that made her quit

BEC-Tero told me to lie: ex-beauty queen

Published on Sep 27 , 2005

Angela McKay, Miss Thailand World 2005 who quit her title after ten days, alleged today that the press conference of her resignation last Tuesday was a setup by the pageant organiser BEC-Tero.

"I was advised by BEC-Tero to tell the press that I stepped down because I wanted to further my studies", claimed Angela a half Thai half Australian beauty, at the press conference through Saitrong Bantueng, an entertainment TV programme.

"I wouldn't like to lie anymore that I had anything else such as education that made me want more than Miss Thailand World".

With rumours about her nud_e pictures were the reasons of her leave, Angela denied and said that BEC-Tero had seen her pictures. They were no secret and she carried them in her modelling portfolio anywhere she went.

Angela said one of the reasons she walked out from the title is because BEC-Tero wouldn't provide her financial support.

Apart from the Bt1 million cash, she wasn't not getting paid with a salary. There was no housing provided. She requested to be paid Bt150,000 per month and a lodging with gym facilities but BEC-Tero didn't respond.

If that's the real truth, then her resignation is reasonable. A million baht wouldn't go far trying to keep ones self in the required style.

News.com.au

THE Thai-Australian model who gave up her Miss Thailand World crown after only 10 days says the beauty contest's sponsor forced her to step down by threatening to publish nud_e photographs of her.

Angela McKay, 20, appeared on a Thai television program last night to show photographs of her posing nud_e for an advertising campaign that was used widely overseas, but not in socially conservative Thailand.

One of the so-called 'raunchy' pictures circulating of Angela McKay.

In one picture McKay is obviously nud_e, but couched with her arms covering much of her body.

McKay, of Margaret River in Western Australia, said her troubles started after she tried to renegotiate her contract with the beauty contest's sponsor, BEC-Tero.

She had asked for more money and a Bangkok apartment with a gym.

McKay alleged that BEC-Tero executives responded by bringing up the photos that had been used in an commercial advertising campaign conducted before the contest.

"They advised me that my pictures that I had taken previously (prior) to entering were too rude and were unfit for somebody to be Miss Thailand World. So they asked me to resign," McKay said on Thai television.

BEC-Tero chief executive, Brian Marcar, denied the allegations.

Earlier this month McKay originally said she was giving up the crown to pursue here studies and modelling career.

Unable to read Thai and given only a rough translation of the contract on the application date she later found her contract as Miss Thailand World did not meet her expectations.

Before the row erupted BEC World, the parent company of BEC-Tero and operator of free-to-air station Channel 3, had hoped that McKay - known in Bangkok as Angie - would take on a role as a TV anchor.

However, BEC World Managing Director, Pravit Maleenont, said that this would have been a problem as Australia-reared McKay did not speak Thai.

Of her resignation, he said: "It happens from time to time. It doesn't happen just here, you know. It happens all over the world. Its not that serious a problem."

Faire play to her - dosh was the issue. However she might have taken it w/nice flat w/facilities. Then give her small stipen for personal expenses as well as the original million bht. She'd done alright. Obviously a face issue now.

And so it starts to come out..

She was dumb enough to sign on without realizing the implications..

She tries for more money (not unrealistic amount to live in BKK in a high profile position I guess)..

They blackmail her about previous pictures (nice!!)..

Ahhh Yes... now it's apparent how the issues of quitting for money and quitting because of lewd photos are matched up.

She asked for more money for living expenses and rather than pay, BEC decided to force her hand with the photos, which are obviously quite tame for 2005, but too hot to handle for quaint, 1950's mentality here.

Although... signing an misunderstood contract remains something that simply plain dumb...

If she could have read it, she would have known the details for the winner, which I'm sure would have been written into it, and KNOW that there was not going to be any other money beyond the million. ... and yes, a measly million is definitely insufficient for her lifestyle as a reigning Miss Thailand.

So she comes out of it as dumb and naive and BEC is a miserly, manipulative, and threatening company, the contest itself is a sham wrought with scammers and backstabbers which ultimately in the end, selects a non-Thai.

:D

Wonderful all around....

Gee, see you all again next year...

:o

.... can the 2006 contest beat this one for drama???

Edited by sriracha john

Plus she is staying in some apartment in Lard Prao which is not even that expensive; and she could easily probably have got free gym at Cali fitness or even a decent gym using her title.

I met her yesterday, and she is honestly a slight minor head turner, but aboslutey not special at all..... I liked at least 3-4 other contestants well more than her...

nuff said. she is a moron.

Plus she is staying in some apartment in Lard Prao which is not even that expensive; and she could easily probably have got free gym at Cali fitness or even a decent gym using her title.

I met her yesterday, and she is honestly a slight minor head turner, but aboslutey not special at all..... I liked at least 3-4 other contestants well more than her...

Hmmm.... :o

Definitely seems to be a credibility issue here. You "say" you met her on October 1st, but the newspapers interviewed her at the Bangkok airport when she left Thailand for Australia on September 28th. Certainly can't imagine she would return so quickly given all the turmoil she's in, especially to return to "some apartment in Lat Prao."

why you call me moron!!

Bambi Mckay :o:D

Definitely seems to be a credibility issue here. You "say" you met her on October 1st, but the newspapers interviewed her at the Bangkok airport when she left Thailand for Australia on September 28th. Certainly can't imagine she would return so quickly given all the turmoil she's in, especially to return to "some apartment in Lat Prao."

The are a million up since they didn't pay the girl :D

Maybe she gave it to "steve" from above post to hold onto when they supposedly "met" in thailand... :D

well not exactly yesterday; a few days ago; yep... wow time flies faster than I thought....

Hmm... excuse me if I remain HIGHLY skeptical... :D

but thats ok, I always enjoy a good story, whether it's fiction or not.

stevero, you've got to get up real early in the morning to get one over on Sriracha 'Eagles Eyes' John. :D

Hahahaha... how true, how true...

but it is also dependent on how suspicious of someone's posts I am.... and I've thought his were quite dubious from the beginning of this thread. :o

Mix in a little less-then-well-known facts (such as her leaving Thailand)... and really is quite simple to trip someone up that's not all that good at it.

Then when he follows it up with a lame excuse... as if meeting Miss Thailand inbroiled in an international controversy is an every other day, common place event for him and you have the makings of true BS.

thailand2.jpg

Dont tell me the asian lady on the left isnt waayyy better looking..

The one on the right tho looks like my som tam lady minus a few years..

I agree with you 100%. The lady on the left is much better looking; especially if she can make somtam. ummm or was it the lady on the right? :D

anyway the one in the middle is not a super hottie as far as i'm concern :o

Hahahaha... how true, how true...

but it is also dependent on how suspicious of someone's posts I am.... and I've thought his were quite dubious from the beginning of this thread.  :o 

Mix in a little less-then-well-known facts (such as her leaving Thailand)... and really is quite simple to trip someone up that's not all that good at it. 

Then when he follows it up with a lame excuse... as if meeting Miss Thailand inbroiled in an international controversy is an every other day, common place event for him and you have the makings of true BS.

well i guess you just trashed his dream. badddd man :D