Paying A Euro Personal Cheque Into A Thai Bank

I know the answer must be in the search option some where , but no luck so far

I have a bank account with Santander in Spain, and wondered if I wrote out one of my own Santander Euro cheques made payable to my self , would it be possible and practical to pay it into my Thai Bangkok Bank account .

Any thoughts , advice and comments please

TL :jap:

Yes you could it could be converted at that days exchange rate. It would be cheaper and quicker to send yourself a SWIFT transfer, not only are the bank charges less but you'll get the TT transfer rate and not the Cheque Rate.

In no case would a check be accepted at the rate of today - only when it clears is the rate known. It will normally take about three weeks and believe you write it out to Bank rather than self so check that before you do. There is a check cashing fee but in most cases believe it will be less than a swift transfer (which most people can not do except in person unless they have made advanced arrangements).

Thanks for the advice guy's , To arrange a SWIFT electronic transfer of money from my Santander bank in Spain to my Thai Bangkok Bank the only way Santander will accept my SWIFT transfer request is by me sending in the post a written request to my Santander branch each time I want to transfer any money , as I would like to Transfer money on a regular basis , having to send a written transfer request every time is just plain crazy . So I am looking at other ways of transferring money , hence the personal cheque Idea .

I can access my Santander bank account in Spain on the internet , but Santander do not offer the option of online electronic transfers of money .

TL :jap: