Awesome Meal At Pun Pun Guesthouse!

blakegeee

I finally made it over to Pun Pun guesthouse & restaurant on friday with the wife. Its about a mile North of riverside, also along the river just before the next main intersection. Anyways, the food was awesome and very plentiful. I always finish my meal, and usually the wife's too, but not this night. The fish and chips were really nice with big chunky chips. My wife (Thai) is usually quite picky about food, especially farang stuff, but she was well-happy with her giant pork knuckle. It was really nice pork, cooked just right, crispy on the outside, moist in the middle, with sauerkraut, salad, mashed potatoes and gravy. The very-personable owner John quickly came out and greeted us, and hes the most like-able guy you'll ever meet. The staff were also very nice and made us some chilli dip as requested by the wife. I didn't even ask but John applied a ThaiVisa discount at the end too! We will definitely be back next time the farang food craving comes on.

Here it is on google maps too;

Pun Pun Guesthouse Map

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree. Went there on Saturday - had the Big Breakfast. Portions were huge and it was delicious. John was a very hospitable host and I ended up spending far longer there than I had planned. I didnt even realize there was a Thai visa discount until I saw it taken off my bill. Cheers John!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its always appreciated when people say nice things about us. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Thanks it sincerely is appreciated.

As far as the hospitable note, I wonder about that myself. Maybe, I'm just a frustrated B/S er???

:)

Yes, the "bigger" breakfast is Huge!

I have lately ordered just scrambled eggs - which are really an omelet with onions and a bit of bell pepper - and potatoes, similarly treated. It's probably me, but I generally dislike Thai potatoes, thinking them watery somehow, but these are good.

Add juice and coffee, and I'm good. Very full as well. Just home cookin'.:D

The Lost Hut bar! The closest thing to food on the menu is Beer Lao Dark.

I've been there once or twice. End of Moon Muang Soi 1, nice little place and the couple who run it are ace.

The Lost Hut bar! The closest thing to food on the menu is Beer Lao Dark.

I've been there once or twice. End of Moon Muang Soi 1, nice little place and the couple who run it are ace.

Anyhow, back to the Pun Pun. I had the Cheese Steak with Onions and Peppers Sub there the other day and it has fan'frickin'tastic. Khun Gonzo kept suggesting I could take some of it home as apparently none of you lesser mortals have ever finished one. Well, I was famished, and given an hour and two beers as accompniment I polished it off. Thanks Gonzo, and I'll see you again soon.

PS: Nice guy too.

Anyhow, back to the Pun Pun. I had the Cheese Steak with Onions and Peppers Sub there the other day and it has fan'frickin'tastic. Khun Gonzo kept suggesting I could take some of it home as apparently none of you lesser mortals have ever finished one. Well, I was famished, and given an hour and two beers as accompniment I polished it off. Thanks Gonzo, and I'll see you again soon.

PS: Nice guy too.

Really? Folks cant finish the cheese steak sub? Sounds like a challenge for me so on my return. Cheese steak - you will be mine........