Nice Dog Chris But Not In The Restaurant Please

fishhooks

You let someones pet dog scare you off from a good steak meal in downtown Issan?

Lots of village pubs in the UK have pet dogs.

Village Pub Bars.Yes Dogs are allowed,but not the Restaurant attached to the Pub!

Health and Safety would not allow Animals around Food,

Diners would not like it either.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/quote]

IB - taking it further off topic, where do you stand on elephants ?

I don't think elephants should be allowed near food establishments (they should be left in the wild) so I have a tendency to be rather rude to the guy with the bag of bananas

I agree with you entirely, Cardholder. I not only object to elephants coming begging round the streets, but I object to them in captivity... full stop. See thread in the General section.

[quote name='Thaddeus' timestamp='1299578370' post='4267234'

I have absolutely no problem with kids being kids and playing, in the right place, running and screaming between tables in a bar or restaurant is not the right place.

BTW, if you had ever met me you would know that I am far from grumpy.

I look forward to it mate, problem is that I'll be back in Korat sometime next year. I have my head down in piles of work here in Singapore at the moment. Not to worry, we could meet up and put the world to rights.

Do you smoke?

Edited by soihok

I spent some time in India before and it was common place for a cow to try and get in on the action of nan breads and dahls.

Can't say that the owners were too impressed but ,as in India, the cow was asked to leave.

For me there are few things quite as relaxing as sitting in a nice, comfy BarResto that has a happy and contented dog sleeping peacefully on the floor, occasionally opening one eye to check out what it may be about to receive.

Conversely, there are few things quite as irritating as one that has a yappy critter running around annoying people.

In the second instance I would ask for the thing to be removed.

I apply the same rule for children.

Btw, if you have a shoulder bag with a dog in it, it isn't a dog, it's a hood ornament, leave it with the car.

Leave the kids alone Thaddeus. I can see it now, grumpy farang giving the kids a bollocking for playing.

I have absolutely no problem with kids being kids and playing, in the right place, running and screaming between tables in a bar or restaurant is not the right place.

You sure about that?

I look forward to it mate, problem is that I'll be back in Korat sometime next year. I have my head down in piles of work here in Singapore at the moment. Not to worry, we could meet up and put the world to rights.

Do you smoke?

I shall also look forward to that, and yes I do smoke, but can curtail that activity if required..... I do fail at not being annoying though ;)

For me there are few things quite as relaxing as sitting in a nice, comfy BarResto that has a happy and contented dog sleeping peacefully on the floor, occasionally opening one eye to check out what it may be about to receive.

Conversely, there are few things quite as irritating as one that has a yappy critter running around annoying people.

In the second instance I would ask for the thing to be removed.

I apply the same rule for children.

Btw, if you have a shoulder bag with a dog in it, it isn't a dog, it's a hood ornament, leave it with the car.

Leave the kids alone Thaddeus. I can see it now, grumpy farang giving the kids a bollocking for playing.

You sure about that?

Yep.... said the kettle to the pot.

So instead of us saying BAI BAI and leaving, we should have just uttered BYE BYE and the dog would have exited!

Love it fishooks, although it might depend on whether you're in Isaan or other Thailand

Or you could say BA and a sheep would suddenly appear .

So instead of us saying BAI BAI and leaving, we should have just uttered BYE BYE and the dog would have exited!

Love it fishooks, although it might depend on whether you're in Isaan or other Thailand

Or you could say BA and a sheep would suddenly appear .

Or you could say pben, and as if by magic a shopkeeper will appear.

I'd be hard-pressed to wonder what Thais driving character has to do with an owners dog in a said restaurant. Of course, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the related topic, except that there is a broader circle that find it necessary to use any assorted comparative to justify there points of cultural superiority......when obviously there is no such standards as to what a higher civilisation or a lower civilisation might curtail. This sorted bashing {critique} tends to be common throughout Thai-based fora.

The word he is trying to say is "sordid". A few of you will need to look that up.

I'd be hard-pressed to wonder what Thais driving character has to do with an owners dog in a said restaurant. Of course, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the related topic, except that there is a broader circle that find it necessary to use any assorted comparative to justify there points of cultural superiority......when obviously there is no such standards as to what a higher civilisation or a lower civilisation might curtail. This sorted bashing {critique} tends to be common throughout Thai-based fora.

The word he is trying to say is "sordid". A few of you will need to look that up.

Well done, Snarky! Actually, both 'sordid' and 'sort of' would make good sense. zzaa09's posts are often good targets for the textual critic!

Thaddeus. You sig is the greatest ever. Nice smooth cat.

Thank you, I was considering changing it the other day, but I'll let it stand for a while longer. Mind you, my original one was better, but George asked me to change it.

Thaddeus - far from grumpy? Well then, you could be Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy or even Happy. Your call.

Now, we have had this conversation before Rich, and I told you, I'm the 8th Dwarf, Sleazy.

So, now 7 of the dwarfs are not Happy !

Thank you, I was considering changing it the other day, but I'll let it stand for a while longer. Mind you, my original one was better, but George asked me to change it.

Was it a phallic symbol by any chance ?

i think you will find that is a word that most TV posters (certainly in the Isaan section) are familiar with.

(Except zzaa)

Thaddeus - far from grumpy? Well then, you could be Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy or even Happy. Your call.

Now, we have had this conversation before Rich, and I told you, I'm the 8th Dwarf, Sleazy.

So, now 7 of the dwarfs are not Happy !

One of them is.

Was it a phallic symbol by any chance ?

Nope, it was a comment about a narcotic substance and one of the keys on a numeric keypad.

Which at the time could have been considered as bad taste, I agreed with George, and changed it accordingly.

If I get a choice of table beside a dog or children then the dog will get me every time.

Dogs in restaurants are a no no. There is nothing worse than when you are settling down and enjoying a good meal, than to see a blood engorged grey tick slowly climbing up the wall.