Ubc

Sheryl

I just paid a stiff amount to up my UBC subscription so that it would include Star World, as I desperately need to be able to watch Desperate Housewives.

Now I note something on the screen about Star World not being available except through some other services I never heard of after this month.

Does anyone know what the story is?

(Warning...Desperat Housewives is highly addictive. Don't start watching until this matter is resolved!)

I started watching DH on the preview channel, ch8. It's shown on Tuesdays eve and/or early Wed morn.

I was mildly addicted for the first few episodes but when I missed out on one, I no longer bother watching it.

Be warned though. The previewing can suddenly change from the likes of Star World to something like the Adventure ch or BBC Prime.

I just paid a stiff amount to up my UBC subscription so that it would include Star World, as I desperately need to be able to watch Desperate Housewives.

Now I note something on  the screen about Star World not being available except through some other services I never heard of after this month.

(Warning...Desperat Housewives is highly addictive. Don't start watching until this matter is resolved!)

The message regarding Star World moving to NOW Broadband is only applicable to Hong Kong subscribers - so you should be able to continue being as desperate as you like... :o

Rags

Now I note something on  the screen about Star World not being available except through some other services I never heard of after this month.

The message regarding Star World moving to NOW Broadband is only applicable to Hong Kong subscribers - so you should be able to continue being as desperate as you like... :o

Rags

what a relief! Thanks for clearing it up.

By the sound of it, you must have upgraded from gold to platinum to get Star World.

You could have downgraded to silver and saved money. :o

It does strike me as strange that channels that are available on silver are not included in gold.

I got a great deal for one year on silver a few months ago, 6,500 Baht and 1 month free.

I found that I wasn't getting around to watching much sport, so the lack of it didn't bother me.

Mind you, World Cup next year - but I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be pay - per - view anyway. Otherwise will upgrade to platinum for a while.

Mind you, World Cup next year - but I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be pay - per - view anyway. Otherwise will upgrade to platinum for a while.

World Cup will probably be on terrestial Thai TV, not UBC. That's how it was last time. Assuming you mean footballl.

If it is on terrestial TV would still rather watch on Ubc if available. It is annoying on the Thai TV as they don't wait for half time to show commercials. They continue to show the football, but in a tiny box while the commercial takes up most of the screen.