Fake Tyres For Click

james24

Going to replace my standard Honda Click tyres tommorow for some Dunlops. Thing is the replacements seem very cheap.

Are they fakes.. are fakes quite common here...? Also are the shocks sold here dangerous copies...?

I have heard that there are fake tires and shocks out there. I'm not sure how common they are. How much for the new tires?

My freind told me about 1000bht each for Dunlops. The shocks about the same I think

Slightly off topic, any recommendations on tyres and shocks...?

Edited by james24

I'm not sure about Dunlop prices. I know a pair of IRCs would run about 6 or 7 hundred baht. Check around online and compare prices before you buy. Make sure they unwrap the tires in front of you, and give the tires a good inspection, at any rate.

I have always used YSS shocks on my bikes. Airblade, PCX, and now CBR. I haven't had any problems with them. They make for a much more comfortable ride and give the bike more of a sport suspension feel.

I haven't got any Dunlops, but I do have a large selection of YSS shocks if you're interested. Shipping is available anywhere in Thailand.

Brian

Edited by SumetCycle

It's hard to say if the Dunlop tires are fake / copies, without knowing the full name of the tire? Some Dunlop tires are manufactured in Thailand, what greatly improves the price. Other Dunlop tires are manufactured in Malaysia, what makes them a bit more expensive... and other Dunlop tires are manufactured in other countries making them much more costly due to high import duty.

YSS shocks are manufactured in Thailand, and I have good experience with them... surely something I can recommend if you look for something with good value for money.

I think I will probably go with the standard replacement tires from the shop. There will be no issue with fakes and someone mentioned to me that its only a click at the end of the day.

The shocks sound great, really pleases with this side of things, sounds like YSS are the way to go.

Thai replacement tyres for a Click are around the 400 -5-- baht mark. dunlop tyres for the same around 1000 - 1200 baht so you are paying around the right price. If you are doing low mileage around town then just go for the Thai replacements. The shocks are mostly pretty good. just get them from a decent spares shop and you will be fine. ;)