Charlie'S Fish And Chips

HansBlinkers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Charlies fish and chip shop is now being run by the lady who used to work for him.It is now called Yunee Fish and Chips.

Very tasty they are too!

Wish her venture well. We need a new fish and chips thread.

The old Charlies fish and chip shop is now being run by the lady who used to work for him.It is now called Yunee Fish and Chips.

Very tasty they are too!

Wish her venture well. We need a new fish and chips thread.

Yep and with enough friends she too can be No1 on Trip Adviser. whistling.gif

So where the hell is it??

The best i can do is.. In back of Wat Loi Khro. Thats the Wat on Loi Khro on the north side of the street the is a car parking section next to it, go threw the car section out the back side to your right and it is about 200 meters up that soi. Best I can remember. Its in a Shyt location. That one reason CFC went out of business.

The best i can do is.. In back of Wat Loi Khro. Thats the Wat on Loi Khro on the north side of the street the is a car parking section next to it, go threw the car section out the back side to your right and it is about 200 meters up that soi. Best I can remember. Its in a Shyt location. That one reason CFC went out of business.

It was number one on a TV poll - If TV members can find it, I'm sure anyone can. wink.gif

And what about all those tourists on TA, that don't know their way around CM? whistling.gif

It was number one on a TV poll - If TV members can find it, I'm sure anyone can. wink.gif

And what about all those tourists on TA, that don't know their way around CM? whistling.gif

MEMORIEEEEEEEES :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/302558-best-fish-and-chips-in-cm-poll/page__hl__best+fish+chip+poll

If it is on the soi behind the wat, I can find it again. Gotlost's question had me wondering if there was another location I wasn't aware of.

Yea. When departed that location he moved over to Soi 1 and Tha Pha Road in back of the Night Market into the food court next to Foxy Lady.

MEMORIEEEEEEEES :D

http://www.thaivisa....+fish+chip+poll

Well, Charlie's and Piggies are gone and the other 5 only got 28 votes between them! sad.gif

F&C in CM looks a bit thin on the ground, so there is potential for another good F&C place and I wish it luck (if it can be found). smile.gif

Edited by uptheos

Charlies was in business about 4 years. Piggies for a year or so. The major problem they both had was that they were a speciality restaurant supplying only ONE major dish. Others will take over there places and make the same mistake.

Charlies was in business about 4 years. Piggies for a year or so. The major problem they both had was that they were a speciality restaurant supplying only ONE major dish. Others will take over there places and make the same mistake.

Agreed. It's no use opening a speciality F&C shop and expecting the same customers to go there every day.

Nevertheless, while they were running they beat the competition out of sight.

Agreed. It's no use opening a speciality F&C shop and expecting the same customers to go there every day.

Remember the rickshaws? He had his banner on just about every rickshaw in town. Pure marketing guinness on that one.

Remember the rickshaws? He had his banner on just about every rickshaw in town. Pure marketing guinness on that one.

Maybe you meant Genius.wink.gif

Yes it was kind of cute seeing the guys peddling away, one of the last bastions of old 'Thainess', with Cheerful Charlies Fish And Chips on the back. biggrin.gif

I wonder how much he paid them?

Edited by uptheos

Maybe you meant Genius.wink.gif

Yes it was kind of cute seeing the guys peddling away, one of the last bastions of old 'Thainess', with Cheerful Charlies Fish And Chips on the back. biggrin.gif

I was told 50 baht per month back then. that's when adverts on tuk tuks were going for 150 to 300 per month.

I was told 50 baht per month back then. that's when adverts on tuk tuks were going for 150 to 300 per month.

At least you had time to write down the address and phone number.

I can't believe piggies was rated so highly. The fish and chips I got there was poor <deleted>!

Obviously your idea of Fish and Chips differs from the majority polled......which is fair enough. smile.gif

Yes in deed, but if you got what I got there in the UK you would hand it back

I can't believe piggies was rated so highly. The fish and chips I got there was poor <deleted>!

Obviously your idea of Fish and Chips differs from the majority polled......which is fair enough. smile.gif

I understand what you say Hans, how I miss a big Haddock, Cod or Plaice and Chips.

However, this is Chiang Mai and I guess it's good that someone is trying.

I have had Fish and Chips at numerous places here and mostly I've been disappointed......so now on my bi annual visits to UK I have a Fish and Chip fest. smile.gif

I understand what you say Hans, how I miss a big Haddock, Cod or Plaice and Chips.

However, this is Chiang Mai and I guess it's good that someone is trying.

I have had Fish and Chips at numerous places here and mostly I've been disappointed......so now on my bi annual visits to UK I have a Fish and Chip fest. smile.gif

Just came back from Charlies old place, looks like Yunee's or Yumees whatever her name is, has closed down. It's got a for sale sign up.