Dtac, Ubc And Other Utility Scams

ChickenTonight

The only bills I get are AIS, DTAC, UBC, electric, and water. No issues in 8 years.

The one "scam" we were hit with was CAT (and from their point of view, they had every right to bill us) taking us to court over a 450,000 Baht international mobile phone bill (this was racked up in less than 10 days, years ago in the days before they set cut off limits for their customers) through World Phone/TAC (now DTAC) run up by MBK sim jackers.

We bargained them down to around 350,000. Lesson learned. 1) Don't go up against CAT in court 2) Be careful when selling your mobile phone (don't "float sign" -not specifying what you're signing for on photocopies-your i.d. card)

:o

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of changing to AIS - do they do the same thing??

yes... and worse. Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't already been billed by them for thinking of switching to their company. :o

AIS are a bunch of cheating t**ts.

In the past year I've been billed for calls to my dad's partner's house. I've never rung her. It's on my phone for emergencies only.

My phone 'rings itself' - over a period of 3 or 4 months my phone kept on ringing long distance numbers by itself (the keyboard was locked and I don't use speed dials). The missus didn't really believe me until one evening when it was lying on the bedside table and she saw the screen come on. It was ringing my dad in the UK.

A friend of mine was murdered in Phuket 3 years ago. I don't want to take his number off the SIM. I've rung him 5 or 6 times since he's been dead - according to AIS.

It is countless the amount of times friends have rung me because they are 'returning my call'. Calls I've never made.

Likewise, I get 'missed call' messages and then ring them back only to be informed that they never rung me. Common denominator is that we're all on AIS.

Would change but I need the superior coverage given by them.

Hmm,

Sounds more like you might have a "mobile phone virus" ?

Or maybe a jealous girlfriend calling your numbers? I think its unlikely AIS could force your phone to suddenly make a call!!!