Which Consulates In Asia

yeah i could probably get it but don't you still have to go out and in every 3 months? in which case it's the same as the triple entry to me. thanks for the info on singapore ovenman... anyone have advice on other consulates?

Well comparing a B visa with a Triple tourist, you have 15 months for 4 visa runs (or 5 if you count the initial getting of the visa) versus 9 months for 3 visa runs (4 counting application).. Also there is the additional 1900 x 3 baht cost of extensions and 3 seperate trips to immigration to do so.. So 5700 additional baht and 6 months less usable time.

Yes there is some paperwork you need to write or get a sponsoring company (about7k baht if you do) and I guess the visa itself is a little more expensive at 125 USD v 80 ish (it was 100 RM per entry last time I did that).. Add in that a trip to Penang is a much bigger expense than the others the 15 months really helps..

To me its cheaper, easier, and lasts longer..

Also having a B visa does help with some issues like bank accounts / driving licenses / etc that can cause issues for some people..

I'd be very surprised if Nepal issued more than a single entry tourist Visa.

Lake a tourist Visa gets you 60 days on entry (a 30 day stamp in on arrival Visa is NOT a tourist Visa).

A triple if you do it properly wouls get you 9 months of cover.

You get 60 on entry, go to Imm extend by 30 days for 1,900 Baht. Exit Thailand and re-enter(any border, no need to go to Penang again) to get 60 days, go to Imm extend by 30 days (and then you have to make sure you don't go over your 6 month activation period, the period that you need to be within to get 60 days on entry) and then do it all once more.

Or you can just do the 60 days exit and re-enter 60 days exit and re-enter etc.

Easy peasy!

Ken,

It might be surprising but I was just in Nepal and spoke directly with the consul. She asked me straight up how many entries on a tourist visa we would need to cover the time we wanted to stay in thailand (6 months). She asked if a 3 entry tourist visa would be sufficient. Did not seem to be a big deal.

Then again, your mileage may vary...

No worries, I've found often that what they say and what they actually give you can vary though. No offence to you though.

Worth a try maybe!

• 1 year later...