Quality Micro Sdhc Card - Where To Buy In Bkk?

farrol

Hi,

I want to buy a good quality MicroSDHC card, capacity 8GB or 16GB, probably Sandisk brand.

Given the fact that there are many counterfeits going around can anybody recommend a shop in Bangkok which will sell me the real deal?

Thanks!

Most any storefront who will issue a receipt.. But first, go to Sandisks site and be familiar with their packaging, hologram, and warnings. Most stores carry the real thing, really low end 'stalls' do sell counterfeits, and some stores sell both.. but will tell you which one is real (the higher priced item) if you ask.

Buying in person is a much better deal than Ebay where you can't really know until you receive it.

I doubt you'd get a counterfeit at Pantip Plaza or Fortune Town

from one of the vendors there. If so, as mentioned above, they will

tell you which is which before you buy.

Anything bought off the street is suspect.

Or bought from a non tech store such as a pharmacy or 7/11.

There are a lot of fake memory cards here. Most vendors will tell you if they are "copy" or not. You can also tell by the price. I'd say that invadeIT pakcage is legitmate. As far as retail stores, I'd stick to the big IT retailers (I'm blanking on the names), the bigger anchor stores in Panthip (top floor) or Fortune.

I have a SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model SDSDQ-016G-A11M, purchased in the U.S. (Newegg; $25, no sales tax, free shipping). This is a Class 2 device, so 2 MB/s transfer rate. You should make sure you get the right class device for your equipment and applications.

My card has a serial number but I'd need a microsope to read it!

There is a testing program available

http://mympx.org/Downloads/p13_sectionid/2/p13_fileid/13

that may allow you to identify a fake product. It runs on a Windows PC so you'd need to bring that, and a way to mount the card in order to test it. Or you could buy the card and test it at home, returning it if you thought it was fake.

There is an Android App in the Market, SD Card Speed Tester which also might help to identify a fake card. On my device however it only tested the 'internal' SD and not my 'external' (Sandisk) SD card.

post-9615-0-78348200-1299634054_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-17513700-1299634069_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-03268200-1299634082_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

I recommend BannanaIT at Seacon Square. Good service, great prices and inc vat, I dont bother looking too much further now.

As for stores telling which are fake and not, dont count on it. Shopping for a replacement Macbook battery on the weekend. Visited several stores in Pantip, the best was "okay, yes we have but only original, copy no good" then proceeds to show me a shitty chinese copy with of an apple sticker "is real have serial here", of course "okay let me use your computer and logon to apple to check authenticity of serial" err... "internet no work" . This was repeated a several stores, all trying to sell copy for original price.

Thanks a lot guys!

So as I thought probably not easy to make sure to get an original.

So I guess I just stick to one of the bigger stores in Pantip or Fortune.

Would they have BananaIT there, too? Seacon Square is a bit far from my place.

Thanks a lot guys!

So as I thought probably not easy to make sure to get an original.

So I guess I just stick to one of the bigger stores in Pantip or Fortune.

Would they have BananaIT there, too? Seacon Square is a bit far from my place.

BananaIT have shops everywhere, including Panthip and Fortune. This is a chain store so I don't see a need to go to Srinakirin Road/Seacon Square? The BananaIT shop there is quite tiny compared to their other outlets. IT City is name of the large anchor store I was unable to remember.

FWIW, Sandisk have a large booth at the on-going COMMART show at Queen Sirikit Center. The 16 GB uSD card is 790 THB.