Ed Visa Extension Question

Hi Guys,

Probably a dumb question but I can't find a definitive answer.

Can I extend my ED visa on the actual date the last extension expires? Or does it have to be before?

My expiry date stamp is 21st March but I cannot get to Immigration until midday that day. Normally I extend one week before the date on the expiry stamp.

I checked with my school but got different answers.

Appreciate any advice or experience.

Sure you could wait till the last day,, and then find out it is a holiday, or that the Red Shirts are running the town and you cannot get to Immigration. I would never leave anything to the last day in Thailand. Get the required paperwork from the school well in advance. (My old school in BKK gave me the renewal paperwork 3 weeks in advance and told me to go to immigration now.) Early is always better.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a list of documents needed to extend the ED visa? Our teenager recently got her first ED visa issued outside the country, that 3-month one expires in a couple of weeks. Her international school has given us the enrolment letter that we need to help with the extension but wasn't able to tell us what other documents we should present. Also is it necessary to take our daughter to Immigration with us when we lodge the extension application?

Edited by Goinghomesoon

Strange the school is not able to help you. But for a regular student at a normal school not much else is needed than the letter, but you could contact the immigration hotline to check if anything else might be needed: 1178.

Yes, she should accompany you, as it is her application and she might need to sign some documents.