2.6 Million Methamphetamine Pills, 102 Kg Of 'Ice' Seized In Phitsanulok

webfact

2.6 million methamphetamine pills, 102 kg of 'ice' seized in Phitsanulok

PHITSANULOK, March 9 -- Police in the northern province of Phitsanulok seized 2.6 million pills of methamphetamine, 'Ya Ba', and 102 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride, 'ice', with an estimated street value of more than Bt1 billion.

The joint operation of Border Patrol Police and provincial police in Phitsanulok's Chat Trakan district seized the large amount of illegal drugs as they were on duty at a check-point at Phu Soi-dao National Park.

Police were suspicious of a pickup truck pulled over on the roadside before the check-point, and asked to search the vehicle, but the driver tried to flee.

The authorities then blocked the road around the area and caught the pickup at Ban Rak Thai, Bo Phak sub-district of Chat Trakan district, but the suspect gang, believed to have more than five members, had escaped.

Searching the pickup, police found 2.61 million methamphetamine pills and 102 kilogram of ice which have street value of more than Bt1 billion.

Police were search the area and planned to use a helicopter to find the suspects.

The suspects were believed to be members of major drug syndicate which transfered drugs from Myanmar and Laos before bring the drug to Thailand via the connected route between Uttaradit and Phitsanulok to avoid police.

However, the police did not know the destination of the shipment. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-03-09

That is a huge bust and will have rippling effects on the market.

All a bust like this does is push the price up on the street. Many other manufacturers and dealers will be happy with this bust. Now, they can demand more money for their product as competition is less.

Don't forget, when the price of drugs on the street goes up, so does crime, because now you have to get more cash to support your habit.

Do you feel safer after this bust, I don't.

The suspects were believed to be members of major drug syndicate which transfered drugs from Myanmar and Laos before bring the drug to Thailand via the connected route between Uttaradit and Phitsanulok to avoid police.

Great powers of deduction at work here!

However, the police did not know the destination of the shipment.

Well almost. :rolleyes:

All a bust like this does is push the price up on the street. Many other manufacturers and dealers will be happy with this bust. Now, they can demand more money for their product as competition is less.

Don't forget, when the price of drugs on the street goes up, so does crime, because now you have to get more cash to support your habit.

Absolutely. Come on the Police were suspicious? Tip off more like from the opposition more like. As you say just ups the price.

A big bust. Wander what the real amounts were??

jb1

Yes, and I would not want to be on the overnight bus to Bangkok tonight. Might not make it if the driver cannot get his meds.

I know this all to well.

Oh, the timing...today the sugar-daddy of one of my gf's friends came home with a laptop, cellphone and several bags of ice, all 'purchased' from a senior officer [and taken from the evidence locker]. It was a nice laptop (saw it when I picked the gf up at the friends place when I came back from work).

Oh, the timing...today the sugar-daddy of one of my gf's friends came home with a laptop, cellphone and several bags of ice, all 'purchased' from a senior officer [and taken from the evidence locker]. It was a nice laptop (saw it when I picked the gf up at the friends place when I came back from work).

And he was showing proud as a child the bags of ice of course

And he was showing proud as a child the bags of ice of course

Well, no, the friend was showing them. He just gave the stuff, said hi to us and went on home. (He doesn't live with his gf, he lives with his family, ofc...)