Samui Infrastructure Progress

Maybe I’m wrong about this but it seems some improvement has been made in samui even though its been at a snail’s pace though. I put down a few please correct me if the year I put down is wrong.

2010 road layed down from bophut to lamai

2010 road layed down next to big c ( the road going to airport yes I know not very far )

2009 - 2010 the bridge in chaweng ( basically there is a police station there )

2011 - water or sewage system being layed down on the lakeview road

2011 - a new walking area being put in around the lake

2011 - a approved underwater electric line to going from mainland to here should finish by 2013 ( I know this is thailand and never know )

Have any of you noticed any small improvements on the island. Look foward to your postings

I think the Bophut - Hua Thanon Road was put in in 2009, if not 08 even..

It was meant to be layed round the whole of the Ring Road too but only went from an Area where the Prince stayed on a visit to the Island, in Bophut, to just past the new big Court House in Hua Thanon, that the Prince opened last Year, weird that....:rolleyes:

There have also been extensive road drainage projects over the last 5 years. Yes, last year showed the weaknesses of the present system, and the whole situation regarding the grates is a mess, but there has been noticeable improvement with the amount of flooded road areas during heavy rains.

i thought they got off to a great start in bang rak a couple years back with the road widening, sidewalks and street lights. unfortunate that the sidewalks were in such a low density walking area and that the lights don't work but hey that road widening is great.

& the new road towards the airport next to the Irish times is falling apart already, not even 6 months old!

The patchwork repairs are terrible.

its absolutely shocking, whoever was the boss on that project needs sacking

I believe that the guy who owns the construction company that built this road is also a policemen in real life! :(