What'S Going On In Chiangmai, Annoying Fireworks

jayjayjayjay

Fireworks are a joy to the visual senses, but perhaps the bangs that go with fireworks were bothering your dog. I can understand it, but to discard fireworks as something to complain about is really fuddy duddy.

jjjjeeezzz jjjjay, my only regret is I didn't know about them prior to the event. I know they must have been loud as I could hear them in SanSai. I will do my best to be there next year. Maybe some ear plugs for you, then enjoy the visual stimulation?

jjjjeeezzz jjjjay, my only regret is I didn't know about them prior to the event. I know they must have been loud as I could hear them in SanSai. I will do my best to be there next year. Maybe some ear plugs for you, then enjoy the visual stimulation?

These firework will not be there next year. They were in Chiang Mai this year to celebrate the the relationship between Japan and Thailand threw tourism. i wounder how many Japanese were in the crowd celebrating as events unfold in japan. These fireworks IMO were in a very bad taste and totally out of line with what is going on in Japan at the moment. This was nothing but pure greed on the part of the sponsorship.

About the fireworks, I think it is pretty tough to set them up again once they have been put in place. And they had them all laid out for quite a while on platforms on the river. The best way to dispose of fireworks is to blow them up. So perhaps they had some opening words of condolence to the Japanese and then went ahead with the show. It would be the best solution.

canuckamuk.

re ... About the fireworks, I think it is pretty tough to set them up again once they have been put in place. And they had them all laid out for quite a while on platforms on the river

and ... So perhaps they had some opening words of condolence to the Japanese and then went ahead with the show. It would be the best solution.

although i see getlosts point i think your right on this one.

dave2

post-42592-0-22564200-1299981154_thumb.j

I think it was actually more like 2 hours. And it was very nice. My kid enjoyed it.

they were quite amazing and had special effects that i never seen before with fireworks :o

how can you complain about that ?

I think it was actually more like 2 hours. And it was very nice. My kid enjoyed it.

they were quite amazing and had special effects that i never seen before with fireworks :o

how can you complain about that ?

This is TV!

http://www.chiangmai...works-2011/647/

I admire your skill of turning it into a negative, worth complaining about. ;)

Well if I hadn't finally got home after three weeks without a day off I might have known about the fireworks and enjoyed them too. When it started I assumed another of one of the many temple parties etc. But an hour and a half later they were still going. I thought it must have been some sort of competition. Regret not being able to see them. Just heard it!

why would any one complain about fire works there great in thailand 3 nights a week would be fine by me i love it i sit on my balcony watching them

the bigger the louder the better bring it on the west is to concerned with noise and health and safety they have taken the fun out of everything

we came here for a change of life but most just complain this is not rite it would not be aloud back home blah blah blah

im getting a bit tired of the wingers nothing better to do than moan if you dont like it bugger of and let the rest of us enjoy the wounder of our

adopted country

'perhaps they had some opening words of condolence to the Japanese'....afraid not! I went down and saw them and to be fair they were good but can't see how 45 mins of fireworks can be annoying though! Let's cancel all events....Songkran is now cancelled....all that water.....urgh and as for Loy Krathong....don't get me started! rolleyes.gif

Gotlost...no chance of them being cancelled whole thing was sponsored by Asahi beer....obviously trying to get their product more prominent in Thailand.