Democrat Spokesperson Says UDD Leaders Might Instigate Political Uprising

Lite Beer

Democrat Spokesperson says UDD leaders might instigate political uprising

By NUPPOL SUVANSOMBUT.

BANGKOK, 13 March 2011 (NNT)-The personal spokesperson of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjivija's, Thepthai Senpong accused the 7 Red Shirt core leaders of inappropriate behaviors, saying that they might have instigated another political uprising.

Mr. Thepthai has asked officials and witnesses involved in their release to review the bail conditions for the 7 Red Shirt core leaders to make sure whether they stayed within the legal boundary or not. He added that the speeches given during the Red Shirt’s anniversary yesterday was mostly to pressure the Court.

The Spokesperson said the live phone-in of the former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was a move to cause social division and to give himself an opportunity to return to Thailand.

According to the report, the Red Shirt rally is set to take place again on 19 March 2011 which Mr. Thepthai said was going to cause further disruption to peace in the country.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-13 footer_n.gif

"a move to cause social division ... was going to cause further disruption to peace in the country"

but there is a real social division on super poor and super rich and because of it there is a class war - denying it or burring head in the sand doesn't change facts

"a move to cause social division ... was going to cause further disruption to peace in the country"

but there is a real social division on super poor and super rich and because of it there is a class war - denying it or burring head in the sand doesn't change facts

we know the head of the revolting reds is super rich but where are the super poor?

any pictures?

post-45550-0-27394100-1300014819_thumb.j

Edited by timekeeper

It isn't a class-war since it isn't a division along class-lines. More regional than anything else.

Denying that *is* burying ones head in the sand.

Thank you for this thoughtful analysis.It's the same in the UK where the Conservative vote is concentrated in the South while the Labour vote is strongest in the Midlands and North.Purely regional differences and no suggestion there is a class or wealth angle involved.

What purpose would another 'political' uprising, serve the reds? They are already doing their best to let everyone know not to vote for them. In fact quite the opposite would be sensible but... T.i.T. And similarly what a ridiculous quote from the PM's spokesman. A coup may still be the solution to this rabble of politics in Thailand which would ber far more democratic than anything any of the parties have been able to do. ohmy.gif

It isn't a class-war since it isn't a division along class-lines. More regional than anything else.

Thank you for this thoughtful analysis.It's the same in the UK where the Conservative vote is concentrated in the South while the Labour vote is strongest in the Midlands and North.Purely regional differences and no suggestion there is a class or wealth angle involved.

You're right, it is a class war. Between two classes of elite with the poor and common people thrown in as cannon fodder. Poor sods shafted as usual :ermm:

You're right, it is a class war. Between two classes of elite with the poor and common people thrown in as cannon fodder. Poor sods shafted as usual :ermm:

There may be elements of a class war but this is changing quite fast.Frankly I see the possibility of the River Tiber foaming with much blood ...but this isn't inevitable.I have been very impressed with an interview Korn recently gave to Andrew Spooner.If the Dems can take their lead from people of this calibre there's a good chance for reform and reconciliation.

There may be elements of a class war but this is changing quite fast.Frankly I see the possibility of the River Tiber foaming with much blood ...but this isn't inevitable.I have been very impressed with an interview Korn recently gave to Andrew Spooner.If the Dems can take their lead from people of this calibre there's a good chance for reform and reconciliation.

Agree, I find Korn far more impressive than Abhisit, but I'm not sure if he could become PM or not.

so no bias there then...

Absolutely not......

Nice one Chiangmaifun !!

Interesting. I wasn't sure to what dear member ChiangMaiFun was referring, and now I'm really puzzled to find someone agreeing with him. If 'bias there' refers to Dem's spokesperson that would go without saying. I mean a government spokesperson against anti-government protesters, what do you expect? If 'bias there' refers to someone or something else I think an explanation is in order. At least for me, I've said once before, sometimes I'm a bit dense and need things explained to me :huh:

Edited by rubl

so no bias there then...

Absolutely not......

Nice one Chiangmaifun !!

Interesting. I wasn't sure to what dear member ChiangMaiFun was referring, and now I'm really puzzled to find someone agreeing with him. If 'bias there' refers to Dem's spokesperson that would go without saying. I mean a government spokesperson against anti-government protesters, what do you expect? If 'bias there' refers to someone or something else I think an explanation is in order. At least for me, I've said once before, sometimes I'm a bit dense and need things explained to me :huh:

dear Rubi, with a moniker like Changmaifun, which political group or color do you think he might be referring his complaint of reporting and TV members bias against?

regardless of what was said about them or by whom?

now that's it you've got it ...........