Anyone Live At Soi Thoa Talo ?

gharknes

Sorry I meant Soi Khao Talo

To anyone lives in this soi, how difficult is it for getting transport from and too this location especially late at night after a feed of drink, I have an option to rent there and this is my only reservation, looking for a few opinions, coming to Pattaya on the 2nd OCT

cheers

Edited by gharknes

I live up Soi Khao Noi which is one Soi along Sukhumvit to the left..................ive got a condo in town now as well as the house but for a couple of years i used to get a motorbike taxi back home 2am normally cost me 80-100 baht never had any trouble............a songthaew would probably cost you 100-150 depending how far up Soi Khao Talo your going...................now if i go out i overnight in the condo and take the bike home the next day.

You might of been better putting this in the Pattaya Forum. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

I  live  up  Soi  Khao  Noi  which  is  one  Soi  along  Sukhumvit  to  the  left..................ive  got  a  condo  in  town  now  as  well  as  the  house  but  for  a  couple  of  years  i  used  to  get  a  motorbike  taxi  back  home  2am  normally  cost  me  80-100  baht  never  had  any  trouble............a  songthaew  would  probably  cost  you  100-150  depending  how  far  up  Soi  Khao  Talo  your  going...................now  if  i  go  out  i  overnight  in  the  condo  and  take  the  bike  home  the  next  day.

You  might  of  been  better  putting  this  in  the  Pattaya  Forum.  :o

wow that sounds expensive 80-100baht when you consider a motorbike from Jomtien to Pattaya was only 30baht, wouldn't it be just a case of a baht taxi up south pattaya road 20baht then same along sukhumvit to talo

PS moved to Pattaya forum

wow that sounds expensive 80-100baht when you consider a motorbike from Jomtien to Pattaya was only 30baht, wouldn't it be just a case of a baht taxi up south pattaya road 20baht then same along sukhumvit to talo

Depends what time your heading home............if its 2 in the morning i dont think i/d fancy getting off at the top of South Pattaya Road and trying to find a motorbike taxi.............even if you did i dont think they would take you up Soi Khao Talo for 20 baht.

What you would find is that they agree a price and then start humming and harring about how far "your" house is.

Just my opinion but as i said your looking at 80 baht for a bike and 100 for Songthaew..............i used to use the same bunch of guys that way at least you get home safe.

To anyone lives in this soi, how difficult is it for getting transport from and too this location especially late at night after a feed of drink, I have an option to rent there and this is my only reservation, looking for a few opinions, coming to Pattaya on the 2nd OCT

cheers

Soi Khao Talo is a very long soi so the cost of a m/c taxi or baht bus will depend on your location. I live about 2km in from Sukhumvit and the cost of a m/c during the day is only about 50 Baht to or from Pattaya Tai / 2nd Road. To the Dolphin it's about 10 Baht more than this. A Baht bus charter will cost from 100 - 150 Baht depending on the time of day and where you want to go to in Pattaya. I've never had any problem getting transport, day or night, but I don't tend to use these options very often as I have my own car and the GF has a m/c.

Just a bit of info on Soi Khao Talo in general:

The up-side:

Pretty quiet area once you get off the main soi.

Reasonably equipped with food stalls, beer outlets and eateries - have a large (mainly) food market that seems to alternate with a much smaller market further up the soi.

Have a 7-11 and another is, apparently, coming.

Have pharmacies and at least one clinic.

It is rumoured that a branch of Carrefour is to be built in the soi fairly soon.

Have two postal service shops.

The down-side:

Can be busy with traffic throughout the day.

The state of the road surface is pretty appalling - the junction with Sukhumvit is a nest of large pot-holes and, further up the soi, after any heavy rain, the road gets covered with sand and gravel because the verges are not adequately drained.

Until recently exiting the soi onto Sukhumvit was a nightmare and very dangerous. We now have proper traffic lights, which most people seem to observe, and it's very much safer than it was - still get the occasional red-light runner though.

On balance, I quite like living there.

DM :o

cheers

Soi Khao Talo is a very long soi so the cost of a m/c taxi or baht bus will depend on your location. I live about 2km in from Sukhumvit and the cost of a m/c during the day is only about 50 Baht to or from Pattaya Tai / 2nd Road. To the Dolphin it's about 10 Baht more than this. A Baht bus charter will cost from 100 - 150 Baht depending on the time of day and where you want to go to in Pattaya. I've never had any problem getting transport, day or night, but I don't tend to use these options very often as I have my own car and the GF has a m/c.

Just a bit of info on Soi Khao Talo in general:

The up-side:

Pretty quiet area once you get off the main soi.

Reasonably equipped with food stalls, beer outlets and eateries - have a large (mainly) food market that seems to alternate with a much smaller market further up the soi.

Have a 7-11 and another is, apparently, coming.

Have pharmacies and at least one clinic.

It is rumoured that a branch of Carrefour is to be built in the soi fairly soon.

Have two postal service shops.

The down-side:

Can be busy with traffic throughout the day.

The state of the road surface is pretty appalling - the junction with Sukhumvit is a nest of large pot-holes and, further up the soi, after any heavy rain, the road gets covered with sand and gravel because the verges are not adequately drained.

Until recently exiting the soi onto Sukhumvit was a nightmare and very dangerous. We now have proper traffic lights, which most people seem to observe, and it's very much safer than it was - still get the occasional red-light runner though.

On balance, I quite like living there.

DM :o

Thanks DM couldn't ask for a better summary than that, I quite like the Idea of a quiet area with a few local amenities out of the busy town, perhaps we will meet up