It Consultant Hourly Rate In Thailand

dkbkk

I am looking into starting an IT consultancy company in Thailand, and are looking for the price level of these services offered to customers.

What is the normal rate that IT consultants charge companys per hour.

The work field is to offer knowledge on infrastructure; Network, security, servers, virtualization, etc. And to small and mid-sized companies.

Looking forward to answers :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi !

I run an IT Consulting business here, but mostly on the software side. Do very little of hardware / networking. However, being part of the ecosystem here's what I can tell you -

Any consulting work here is mostly costed by project, not by the hours delivered. At the moment, certain implementations get paid by man-days delivered, but again - the clients expect the man-hours put in for each man-day to be flexible / as the job demands.

There is plenty opportunity in the area of infra / nw-solutions / security /servers - but the real challenge is to develop , retain & maintain a good support team as this job is so support intensive. As long as you can sustain a small sales team of 2-3 guys giving you fresh leads, and a "skilled" team of network engineers - you'll do just fine.

Do not depend on freshers for this - as most of the IT degrees dont touch too deeply on data communications subjects. Or, I have never come across a single candidate who had his basics right in this area.

Presently, i do address certain clients with their networking / infra needs - and depend on third parties to do this for me. At the end of the day - I think you should consider doing this as a registered business, or a partner to another business rather than trying to market yourself as a consultant. Remember - Thai's dont pay for consulting !

Cheers,

Gautam